365 days later and 61 pounds lighter!

sayfay
sayfay Posts: 90 Member
One year ago today, I logged onto myfitnesspal for yet another weight loss attempt. I was at my highest weight ever (280!) and for the first time ever, my cholesterol was high. My doctor was very frank: I was morbidly obese and losing weight was now a necessity.

I've struggled with weight most of my life, but after my first marriage ended in a very devastating divorce, I comforted myself with food. And the weight crept up, the sizes crept up, and finally I realized "holy crap, I'm only 20 pounds away from weighing 300 pounds!" I was winded going upstairs. If I forgot something upstairs, I'd bribe my daughter to run up and get it! I knew I had to do something, but I had lost weight before, only to lose a little, stall, give up, and then gain it back (and more). I considered weight loss surgery, but decided I owed it to myself to give it one more try on my own. A real, honest, try.

So, 365 days later, what has happened? Well, I'm 61 pounds lighter! I can shop in "regular" stores (I pretty much cried the first time I tried something on at Gap and it fit!). I can wrap a towel around myself after I shower. I can run up the stairs without getting winded. I can play with my daughter. I exercise 5-6 times a week. I am a RUNNER! Never in a million years did I think that would happen. I've run several 5ks and am signed up for an 8k next month.

I still have a long way to go to reach my ultimate goal. I will admit it has been frustrating at times. The first 40 pounds fell off, this last 20 has been HARD. But, as much as I would have liked to have been further along at this point, I'm mostly just really proud of myself for sticking with it for 365 days. I KNOW I can do this and I KNOW I WILL reach my goal some day.

(Oh, and I'm happily remarried to an amazing guy who has been a HUGE support on this journey. And, he has lost 42 pounds himself!)

some pics (hopefully they display!):

Before:
35jjtd4.jpg

After:
dcsvuq.jpg

side by side:
16c7x46.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!