stuck

Options
I have lost 28 pounds - i work out 5-6 times a week for about 35-40 mins. sometimes treadmill- elpict. and zumba.
some days i do treadmill in the AM and zumba at night, just do that 1 day a week. but most its treadmill-

i cant lose anything. the scale hasnt moved in 2 weeks. i am getting so upset. bc i know i am working so hard.
Does anyone have suggestions?

Replies

• lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    You don't really say what you're doing with your diet, only the workouts. If you're still eating at a calorie deficit, you should be fine. Sometimes, your body just doesn't work within your schedule. It's only been 2 weeks. Give it time...you'll get there! :)
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating enough, and getting enough fat, carbs, and protein (your body needs them all).
  • krisha36
    Options
    oatmeal and fruit for breakfast or egg whites.
    lunch. salad with grilled chicken or turkey burgers
    dinner - turkey - chicken- pork chops. lots of veggies/
    i cut out carbs well bread
    i dont eat junk food anymore.
  • AnnaMC1977
    Options
    Change up your gym routine, maybe add some weights with the cardio, or do all cardio one day, and all weights the next. Also, might try reducing the sodium as much as you can as well as increase liquids. Sometimes you body loves to hang onto those extra lbs. But you will start losing again!
  • gottaluvya
    Options
    NO thoughts here, only sympathy. My scale has not moved in MONTHS. at least 3. it SUCKS. I work out 3-5x a week, eat well at least 90% of the time (we are on the go a lot so sometimes it is hard) and still, nothing. only 10lbs lost in the past 8 months. It is so frustrating! Folks say sometimes you have to change things up, shock your body...I did that. when I had to miss some workouts due to my boys starting football (practice every night messed with my evening workout schedule!), I also altered my food as well. When I can sneak in an extra workout (like tonight, when football is likely to be canceled due to the weather), I try to eat and extra snack as I have also read that if you do not eat enough, you may not lose anything (which seems counter-intuitive, doesn't it???) SO much information out there, I don't know what to do! And nothing I have tried can seem to get me over this hump. GRRRRRRR.
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    oatmeal and fruit for breakfast or egg whites.
    lunch. salad with grilled chicken or turkey burgers
    dinner - turkey - chicken- pork chops. lots of veggies/
    i cut out carbs well bread
    i dont eat junk food anymore.

There's virtually no fat in that. You need some fat. It's also probably pretty low cal, so you may need more calories too. Adding some fats will help with that too.
  • krisha36
    Options
    my sod. in take is LOW. i read every label... i drink already at least 70 oz of water a day - more if i take zumba that day.
    i dont know what it can be, i am frustrated.
  • krisha36
    Options
    on average i have no more then 33g of fat
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Open your diary.

Also, while it is frustrating, it's also only 2 weeks.
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    on average i have no more then 33g of fat

Exactly. Try doubling that.

Above poster brings up a good point too... 2 weeks isn't a big enough window to really gauge success/failure.
  • krisha36
    Options
    to me its unacceptable knowing what i have been doing and 2 months i dropped 25 pounds.. this isnt flying to well with me
  • popzork
    popzork Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Call in the professionals. That's what I did. The calories that MFP and every other application out there is based on averages. It says that based on your age, height, weight and gender you should eat XXX calories.

I was stuck for MONTHS over the course of 3 years of dieting. (lose some, get stuck, quit, gain it back, rinse and repeat)

I finally found a place in my area that did RMR testing and got my answer. The average RMR for my age, etc is 1490 per day. Mine measured 1022. That was why NO diet was working for me.

I upped my exercise to compensate and started losing again.

The lesson is that we are NOT all average.

Adding that it took 8 months to lose 27 pounds and I have lost an additional 4 in the last month. So, I DO know the frustration.
  • phoneman16
    Options
    I have not been at it as long as you, but I was having the same problem...in fact I would put ON 2 or 3 lbs! We did some research on sodium. After making adjustments to our diet and sodium intake, things seem to have started to work again.
  • krisha36
    Options
    the good thing i havent gained just not moving well the scale..
    i want to believe i am building muscle. and that weighs more then fat.
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    the good thing i havent gained just not moving well the scale..
    i want to believe i am building muscle. and that weighs more then fat.
    Sorry, but you're not... at least not enough or fast enough for it to mask weight loss. Building muscle is MUCH harder and MUCH slower than most people want to believe, and it's even harder and slower when on a deficit.
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I can not see your diary so take this with a pinch of salt - you should be losing if you are eating less calories than you burn.

So possible causes

1. you are eating back your work out calories and taking MFP burn rates as a guide - they are about 30% over stating burn rates hence eating 30% more than you really burnt

2. you are not weighing and measuring everything - you will be amazed at how bad we are a guess what sonething weighs.....
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but you're not... at least not enough or fast enough for it to mask weight loss. Building muscle is MUCH harder and MUCH slower than most people want to believe, and it's even harder and slower when on a deficit.
    This.
    Search the forum for In Place of a Road Map, or message helloitsdan

Take his advice, fix your diet. Guaranteed you're either overfeeding/underfeeding.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Open your diary and you'll get more helpful feedback. Off the cuff I would say swap out 2 days of cardio and replace them with strength training.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    The average RMR for my age, etc is 1490 per day. Mine measured 1022. That was why NO diet was working for me.

That's the sad truth of it all. The people who can't lose weight have the same issue. They're not eating a deficit on calories. There are points you can fine-tune like your carb/protein/fat ratios but it all really comes down to calories consumed vs. calories used. It's much easier for women to fall into this trap. You might see your husband eating 2000 calories a day and be tricked into believing that you can eat the same and still lose weight.

Start with MFP recomendations and work from there. They're just a starting point and a good rule of thumb. Actual calories vary per person.
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    Start with MFP recomendations and work from there. They're just a starting point and a good rule of thumb. Actual calories vary per person.

well said.