Looking for the mothers out there!

Options

Replies

• Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am a working mother to four kids (12, 10, 4, and 1 year). I totally understand how you feel with trying to find any time for yourself. It is very difficult when you are a mom and I believe this to be true no matter how many children you have. We need to be able to take care ourselves so that we can take care of others but that is so much easier said than done. I am 10 months into my weight loss journey and I still struggle finding the balance I need to take care of myself and find the time to exercise. I have had weight loss but since May, I can't seem to keep on track consistently. My weight goes down a bit one week only to go up the next week and so on. It is getting very frustrating but I just keep getting myself back on track.

I would be happy to join your support group with other Mothers. :)
  • rsethridge
    rsethridge Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Mother of 2 crazy boys here :) 9 and 4 - Work full time (8-4:30). At the gym at 5am 4 days a week, just started Insanity at night, and 2 weekly walks/hikes with my mommy friend. If I had a choice, I would be a SAHM, but I don't.... honestly though it helps that I'm at work most of the day because I only have to think about MY food. However, for dinner,I typically make a meal for me, and a meal for my hubby and boys. It's just easier.....

It is definitely hard work and but I have to say that every once in a while, I skip the gym or just need a day off. I still make the best choices I can, but just need a break. I have about 40 pounds to lose and it seems to be taking FOREVER to lose the weight, but I can see my body changing.

Feel free to add me. I am always open to input/suggestions. Yay mommies!!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Hi mummies!

I'm a 34 year old (well, 35 next week sob) mum of 2 - my son is 3 and my daughter 16 months. I put on loads of weight with my daughter and have finally lost it all and more, and still going! My aim is to be back into my UK size 12 (US 8) jeans by xmas! They do up now, but I still have a muffin top.

I work part time as a secondary school teacher, and my husband works shifts, so I fit my gym visits round that, and go after work while my kids are still at nursery, so I manage 4 or 5 times a week at the gym doing a variety of personal training, spinning and aerobics. On my days off I take my kids out - to the park, along the seafront, to the gymnastics academy etc. I have very active children, and my 3 year old can walk for miles.

Mums of 3 - what are your age gaps? I'd love to have another next year but was wondering how hard it was in comparison to having 2!

Feel free to add me!
  • rdfelds
    Options
    Hello Mommies!!! I'm a 25 year old single mom to a 20 month old. Feel free to add me :)
  • laurisgomez
    Options
    Hello my name is laura and iam a stay at home mom of a 7 year old girl and a 8 month old baby boy. My mission is to be the good looking self i was before having the kids and iam giving it all i have and would love it if you join me and help support each otherse that ally helps.
  • ariast68
    ariast68 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 22 and i just had my first baby- hes 3 months old. Im back at the gym and I couldn't be happier. Before I got pregnant, I was on my way to my goal and had lost 11 pounds, now im back where i started and have a goal to lose 30 pounds. We can do it!!
  • LifeChanged2000
    LifeChanged2000 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,

My name is Klanci and I am 32. I am a mother of a 11 almost 12 year old daughter. I am a single mom, I work full time, I go to school part time, and I commute my daughter between sports 3 days a week. I am excited to meet other mom's out there and interested in hearing how you deal with eating a low calorie diet when on the go.
  • britbratt02
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    My name is Brittany and I am 28 yr old mother of a 20 mnth old boy. Work full time (7am-7pm with commute times) and getting back into school part time. My husband just switched scheduled from 2nd shift to day shift, so i am hoping that it helps me to have more time.
    I tried weight watchers about a year ago and just didn't give it 100% effort. I am really looking for a great support group to be involved with! We are not alone and we WILL succeed!

I am focusing on cutting out carbs and sweets. they are my weakness! My husband has a very limited diet due to Crohn's Disease so i have learned to cook two different meals at night, but have gotten lazy and just eat the loaded carbs with him.

I acknowledge my bad choices and I choose to stand and commit to doing something different today!!
  • ekerst
    ekerst Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love seeing all these moms who have the same goals that I do! I am a Mom to two very busy Irish twins (almost 1 1/2 and 2 1/2), trying to find time to work out between naps, play times, and a part time job! My body is crazy after back to back pregnancies, so I'm ready to get rid of some of this pain (stupid extra weight), and a lot of this weight! Plus, I want my body back in fighting shape when we try for number 3 =)

I found that I had to stop making excuses about finding time to exercise, and just do it! I can get about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes during nap time. MFP has totally changed my eating habits-I didn't realize how much I was overeating! I have a lot of weight to lose, but I really want to do this for my boys, and any future children =) Feel free to add me! I really need some encouragement, as most of my friends have "dropped" out of MFP-including my husband...grr!
  • drewsmom07
    drewsmom07 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    hey guys I am Patty, 34 and I have two boys 5 and 3. We are trying for number 3 but I still would like to focus on my dietary habits. Please add me.
  • HopetoFaith
    Options
    Hi dear I'm Ausra mother of two my oldest one now 22 month and little one will be two month on Thursday , I just started insanity a week ago it's hard work but I think every women can fine 30 or 40 min to e exercise a day, + I'm on my own with them ever second month coz my partner working overseas month off month on. Try to find so time for yourself you need it:)
  • elle0567
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I'm Eleanor...I'm 45 years old and have two kids...girl-18, boy-13...
    Can't blame my children for my weight gain, I only weighed 150lb when I was 9 months pregnant with my youngest.
    Looking forward to chatting thruout this adventure in weight-loss...support is something we all need!
    I understand that the key to success in weight-loss is organization. I've been told to plan out my weeks meals on Sundays, make up a grocery list, and run with it. this is going to be my approach to success. Good luck all! Looking forward to being at a healthy weight soon!
  • mksitz
    mksitz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Mallory, I'm 25 and I have a 3 (almost 4) yr old son. I'm not a stay at home mom, but I work full time and take online classes, so I understand the difficulty in finding "me" time. I guess I get it a little easier w/my job since I can get a few things done while at work. I have to make time to exercise and bascially calendar it in even though that sounds bad lol. I do actually enjoy it now since I've already had results (from lots of effort and determination!), it keeps me motivated to KEEP my results. This morning I got up earlier because I know I have homework to do tonight and I feel bad when I spend all my evening time/kiddo time working out AND doing homework. So I'm trying now to do one or the other in the morning. On the weekends, I do both while he is napping. BUT I only have one, not 3 so I could see where that might not work out. I'm definitely interested in joining a group with other moms.
  • turbogirl4christ
    Options
    I'm a mom!! I have 3 boys ages 3, 6 and 13 feel free to add me!! :)
  • AliandTrev
    AliandTrev Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Heather 32 year old mom of a 10 y/o son and 5 y/o daughter. I am a sahm for now, at the end of the month I will begin working from home again. Even as a SAHM it is hard to find the time to take the classes that I enjoy in the evenings. They seem to all be filled with kids activities.
  • tracyburkee
    tracyburkee Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tracy 31 year old mom of 3, ages (9,6, and 3)...feel free to add me
  • morah29
    morah29 Posts: 107
    Options
    Hi.. I am 35 and a mother of 3 girls.. 2 in school and one home with me... you can add me if you like!
  • jennismith2730
    jennismith2730 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm Jenni- 26, mom of 2 (4 and 1). I have NO me time, so I hear ya ;)
  • Ardpssn87
    Options
    Hey! My name is Lauren, and I am a 24yr old mother of three. My youngest is still breast-feeding, so I can't restrict my calories to much and I am having a hard time losing weight. Part of it is my fault to though, I must admit. Oreo's are not my friend! I am looking for some supportive friends that are familiar with the difficulties of losing weight, while also being a homemaker and raising three kids. Trying to find time for myself is difficult, let alone filling it with exercise. I know I have to do it though! So I am working at it by changing things a little at a time. If you think you are interested in forming a group, let me know! I think if some of us could work on this together it would help us all. We could set goals with each other, and challenge ourselves along the way. For example, maybe one week we could make it a goal to run 5 miles by the end of the week, or give up soda for a month, things like that. I am looking forward to seeing who is interested. Thanks for your support!

Hello Lauren.

I will happily join you in your weight lose. Im not the newest face you'll probably see, but I am finally serious about getting my baby leftovers off. I am 23yrs. old with a 2 yr old! I have about 60lbs to go, which is an extra twenty more lost than before I was preggies, so count me into the mom support group, please!
  • ffwife2001
    Options
    Hi I am LeAnn. I am a mom of two (10 & 5) one plays hockey so i know about the eating bad. Please feel free to add me.