Protein

Options
So I'm trying to meet all of the numbers that MFP says I need and stay within my cals, but the one thing I am always low on is protein. I eat lean chicken or turkey for dinner, but I don't really like a lot of meat and red meat makes me queasy. Does anyone have a good source of lean protein that is quick and easy for a snack? How do you all meet your protein number?

Replies

• smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    peanut butter
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I like protein shakes... also nuts but watch the calories and edamame!

~Leash :heart:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    low fat cottage cheese!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Eggs and egg whites, I make myself a scramble most mornings: one egg and one egg white, canadian bacon, lowfat swiss and a little yellow pepper. Very tasty and filling!
  • aorego360
    Options
    Egg whites, cottage cheese, greek yogurt...all good sources of protein. Try Cliffbuilder Bars too.
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I buy Aria Protein Powder for women at Trader Joe's and 1 scoop into my oatmeal in the morning with 1/2 cup of blueberries. Jennie O turkey burgers are very good as well. You could also bake some chicken and just have 4 oz for a snack. Careful of the cottage cheese, it's high in sodium. Luna bars are very good snacks as well. My food diary is open to everyone if you want to take a look.
  • Starlightdusk
    Starlightdusk Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the suggestions, I will be trying many of these out! I am hoping that more protein will help me keep at it longer.