snack ideas?

Options
I'm looking for a healthy, low calorie, low sugar, snack that I can have mid-morning everyday. I usually get the most hungary after breakfast and before lunch. I'd love some ideas that will satisify me for a few hours and will not add a lot of calories to my daily intake. Suggestions welcome!!!

Replies

• DJ2120
    DJ2120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue, so I would love to get some ideas too :smile:
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I have a mixture of things:

A piece of fruit
    A fat-free yogurt
    Fat-free natural yogurt over fruit (i.e strawberries)
    Zucchini tots (lots of recipes on google)
    Crabsticks
    Carrots with homemade humous
  • DJ2120
    DJ2120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I have a mixture of things:

A piece of fruit
    A fat-free yogurt
    Fat-free natural yogurt over fruit (i.e strawberries)
    Zucchini tots (lots of recipes on google)
    Crabsticks
    Carrots with homemade humous

I need some zucchini tots in my life!
  • pigcatpig
    pigcatpig Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    One of my favourites is a rice cake with Salmon Rillette (basically minced up salmon) or a Bjorg terrine forestierre (a mushroom pate which tastes quite meaty and is a lot like a smooth pate) both these products available in France but I have seen similar in many other countries. Comes in at around 90 cals so not bad for a very tasty snack and also works well as a small breakfast. I sometimes use a small amount of camembert cheese but the obvious problem there is not being tempted to cut off bits and pick at it when I shouldn't.
  • trs80
    trs80 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    When I need a quick fix after breakfast, I grab a Quaker chocolate crunch rice cake.
    It's only 60 cals. and has a few small chocolate chips on it for flavor so I also get a
    sweet tooth fix.

I'll be watching this post because I too am always looking for good, quick snacks.
  • jrolfes
    jrolfes Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Im totally going to buy some crabsticks (love them! I forgot about these little gems!) and the Chocolate Quaker rice cakes... sound good and Im loving the "60 calorie" bit!! Thanks so much! Keep the suggestions coming! I usually have been having a granola bar, but it is not fillin gme up, just making me want to eat more, and has a lot of sugar.
  • powerthree
    Options
    I love Nuts or fresh veggies (peapods, carrots, cucumbers):happy: :happy:
  • MelSabourin
    MelSabourin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you prepare your 'snack' at home or at work...a good one (if you have a sweet tooth) that I used to have in the evenings is a half banana cut up with fat-free chocolate pudding (lunch sized 'snack pack' container) on top and a blob of fat free cool whip. Makeshift chocolate sundae:)
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Blue Diamnond Cocoa Roast or Dark Chocolate Mint Almonds. I eat only 1/2 a serving. Awesome and also shakes the craving for sweets.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    rice cakes or vita coco pop cakes w/almond butter
    serving of raw almonds
    cottage cheese
    greek yogurt
    protein shake
  • browncurlz3
    Options
    Popcorn popped at home (1/4 cup of kernels in a brown paper bag in the microwave for about 2 minutes), Greek yogurt with fruit, homemade Chex mix (chex, Cheerios, popcorn), apple and peanut butter.

Hope this helps!
  • elizabethis
    elizabethis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    rice cakes or vita coco pop cakes w/almond butter
    serving of raw almonds
    cottage cheese
    greek yogurt
    protein shake

This. Choose something with protein to keep you feeling full longer. Low fat string cheese.
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Fruit
    Light string cheese
    Peanut butter
    Yogurt
    Veggies
    Nuts