Loosing Through Menopause

Options
My name is cindy and I'm kinda new to the site. I'm looking to loose at least 40lbs. I'm in the middle or hopefully the end of menopause. I have gained at least 40lbs and want to loose it. I hope to be down 20lbs before the first of the year. Any help or suggestions is appreciated. I have already lost 7lbs

Replies

• MoAuerswald
    MoAuerswald Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My name is Maureen, but everyone calls me "Mo"... I'm struggling through the hell known as menopause!!! I joined this site awhile ago ,but now I'm serious about connecting and getting through this, and I need to lose weight! I don't know about everyone else out there, but I'm pretty active and I've been really conscientious about using my food tracker,and i haven't LOST ANYTHING EXCEPT MY PATIENCE. No. seriously frustrated!

I just did a 4.1 mile paddleboard race! Did I lose weight, no gained 2 lbs! What??? I know I think its just lactic acid or something, but I'm telling you out there wow frustrating. On a positive note -I just did a 4.1 mile paddle board race in the Ocean!

I'm going to keep on keepin on. I'm trying to keep perspective, the 60 pounds did not arrive here overnight but if anyone has a hint about this I'm listening.::bigsmile: :
  • Pepperchild
    Pepperchild Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Pepper - I've been going through it for about 2 years. This year it's been full force. Losing weight is more difficult but it can be done. I have to exercise harder than the person next to me. The good news is that I'm sweating before I start so I might as well get the benefits. :laugh:

I am training for a fitness competition so my work-outs and meal plans are designed to burn fat and build muscle. Prior to making the decision to compete - I was on a permanent plateau. No matter what I did the weight would not drop - I'd loose inches but at the end of the day I wanted to see a difference on the scale.

My advice it to pick something you love.....do it....kill it....and you will see results.