Curves

Options
What do you think about the fitness center, Curves for Women??

Replies

• msmimi
    msmimi Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I'm trying out Curves Free for 30 days. So far I like it. I'm only going 3 days a week so I don't get burnt out. I'm new to exercising hard and really wanted to join a gym. :huh: But walking in the gym at this point is way too overwhelming. I plan to stay with Curves for a year then go on to Gold's!
  • sherim71
    sherim71 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have had more success at a gym than I did at Curves. I liked it, but did not get the results I had hoped for. Plus my current gym membership is cheaper than Curves was.
  • SassyAshleigh
    SassyAshleigh Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love love love it! I got 3-4 times a week and it makes my stress levels go down. As well as, I can tell a difference and I have been going for almost 2 months. I used to go a couple of years ago and went 5 times a week, and was hard core on Atkins, and I lost 50 lbs in 3 months. Just stick to it.... It's only 30 minutes! :)
  • healthyformeanMona
    healthyformeanMona Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I love it here. The women, the staff, the atmosphere here is great. I get out of it what I put in though. On days I slack or just do the circuit once, I don't get the results I want. The Curves Smart program measures calories burned, let you know if you are working what muscles hard or not hard enough, gives you instant feedback. And it's 30 minutes, quick. Fits in my schedule. Plus no men, no kids, not that I have anything against men or kids. Ours has zumba 3x a week, but I prefer the machines. I am going out of town today, so will get a travel pass for the Curves there. The free trial is nice. Oh, and here, there is an insurance company that will pay 20dollars towards your monthly fee if you work out at least 12x a month, so instead of 35, I only pay 15. I also have a family membership to local gym, but for me, Curves works out better.
  • chunchiaw
    chunchiaw Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love Curves Smart.

Curves membership is more expensive than gym, but I think it's worth it. I don't lose too much weight though, but I gain a lot of muscle. I can feel that my body starts to tone up, and my friend can see my arm muscle in the web-cam!! Yes, that's how much difference..

Curves has trainer and the machine can prevent you from damage your body while you are doing your workout.
  • mrykyldy2
    mrykyldy2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the person. I went a few years ago with a friend on a guest pass. I didn't care for it myself. The one that we were at had the 60+ crowd all day everyday with the 40+ crowd mixed in sparingly. I am one that if I am going to go work out in a gym and pay for membership at a gym, I want to sweat a lot and I mean a lot. It is a good place to go if you like fairly low impact and can be an encouraging place if the staff and guests are that way.
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    I've done curves a few times and had good success with it. Especially when I was new to working out and intimidated by a big gym and all the machines, the simplicity was great. I think the key thing with Curves is to make the most of the "recovery boards". Do serious cardio in between the machines, not just walking in place. The weights are great for toning, but don't yield nearly as much of a calorie burn as cardio. I used to do high knees, kickboxing, burpees, squat jumps, etc. between equipment. Eventually I felt like I had moved past curves and wanted to work out longer and harder and have access to cardio equipment, so I switched to Gold's. Before that I started parking a mile away and running there and back. Overall I recommend it if you can afford it and like the structure of the circuit workout.