NEED HELP!!!!!

Options
I have been been fluctuating between 2-3 pounds between 105/6 and 108 for a long time now. i want to get down to 105 permanently, but I dont know how. I hardly eat as it is I am eating bwetween 500-800 calories a day depending on the day. What do I do?

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I hardly eat as it is I am eating bwetween 500-800 calories a day depending on the day. What do I do?

Eat more..... Figure out your TDEE and BMR numbers, and eat a cut value between that... since you don't have much to lose should be a small percentage from your TDEE, dont know what those mean plenty of articles on here explaining all the goodness.
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    500-800 is TOO LOW! I know some will say starvation mode doesn't exsist but in this case your body probably feels like there's some sort of famine so every little morsle it gets ti's going to hold on to. I would suggest finding your TDEE and eating at the TDEE for 105 (maybe 100 cal less at first) and you will eventually land there and be able to keep it up b/c you're already used to it.

Edited for typos. =)
  • jsheehan46
    jsheehan46 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    To get some real assistance I'd say to start logging on MFP and let people see what you are doing. Not sure your current approach of starvation will work....
  • lilykery192
    Options
    I have been been fluctuating between 2-3 pounds between 105/6 and 108 for a long time now. i want to get down to 105 permanently, but I dont know how. I hardly eat as it is I am eating bwetween 500-800 calories a day depending on the day. What do I do? Also i am 5 ft 4 in
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    geez, you are starving yourself ..... :sad:
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I would get professional help from someone specializing in eating disorders. :flowerforyou:
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I would get professional help from someone specializing in eating disorders. :flowerforyou:

I agree
  • yannuzzi
    Options
    You are starving yourself which has the opposite effect. I agree with those that said start tracking on this site......AND EAT!!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You have just posted this, and the thread was locked for a reason.
  • Tommy
    Tommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.

b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote or glamorize dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.

c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.

d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that anyone suffering from the symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, or Compulsive eating make use of the resources offered by the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders. You may reach the ANAD hotline by phone in the US: 847-831-3438 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, Central Time) or on the web at http://www.anad.org/site/anadweb/

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Tom
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.