Can anyone in the UK recommend a protein powder please.

Options
I am struggling to keep up my protein, especially when I have worked out (4 x weekly) I know that it is very important in recovery and muscle building but that it can aid weight loss.

Can anyone recommend a good protein powder that won't break the bank but that also will help me to lose weight and tone up.

Thank you :flowerforyou:

Replies

• scotty1983
    scotty1983 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When I used to train regularly I used to take "Allsports" Only Whey protein powder. I found it quite effective although it doesn't taste brilliantly! I believe the company was located in Lincolnshire, failing that there are Maximuscle products or alternatives from Barratt's health food shops.

I no longer use any supplements however as I'm still losing weight and somewhat unfit at the moment, hoping to rectify this soon!
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I use the PHD range, the choc or the choc/mint taste okay. And you can get them on Ebay, so delivered to your door.
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I recently picked up Body Fortress™ Milk & Egg Protein Strawberry. I mix it with 1/4 C of strawberries and 1 Cup skim milk. Tastes like a more liquidly milk shake! I purchased it at a health foods store in Bicester, EN. They staff informed me that the Milk and Egg protein would be easier for my body to digest. Also, it was the best option for low cabs.
  • dax58
    dax58 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You can try the stuff from www.myprotein.co.uk
    alternatively you have CNP, Reflex or maximuscle to name a few.

www.affordablesupplements.co.uk is also a good place for ordering from if you are after more than one due to the discounts they do for builk buy.

Im in the UK and have used them several times
  • Lady_C_the_1st
    Options
    Thank you for all the suggestions, myprotein.co.uk looks like a good place to try!