Fitbit

Options
2»

Replies

• StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I LOVE mine! I have it linked to my MFP account and it does a fitbit caloried adjustment under then exercise section of MFP and when you manually enter exercise into MFP (if you use a HRM and know how many calories you burned) it readjusts the fitbit calorie adjustment. I have found that it has been pretty accurate....except for stairs sometimes. Somedays I'm pretty sure that I haven't done as many sets of stairs at work that it says that I've done. LOL
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    If you wear it during an exercise class will it also tell you how many calories you've burned? Even though you're not technically "going" anywhere? Does it measure your heart rate also?

Fitbit is not a HR montior.

I think mine has been pretty acurate for measuring cals burned during my runs. Can't say if it would be accurate in a fitness class.

Sorry, no offense...(it's become an obligatory question for me)...but you think your Fitbit has been pretty accurate for measuring calories burned during your runs based on what standard?

I'm not saying it is or isn't, but I don't understand on what you are basing this.

(ETA: And for what it's worth, my wife and I are ordering "his and hers" Fitbits soon.)
  • mirsasha
    Options
    I bought one and loved it. Then it died. Totally and completely. I did everything tech support (once they bothered to respond) said to revive it - no luck. It was within the first 90 days warranty, so they sent me a new one. Repeat this 3 more times. I haven't bothered to unbox the last one they sent me. I do miss its functionality and found their website to be helpful, but I got tired of getting defected product after defective product.
  • nascarbettie
    nascarbettie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love mine. It's very accurate on the steps and stairs. idk about the calorie burn but it's pretty close to my HRM when I work out. I love the sleep tracking feature. There is nothing bad I can say about it. I have an Ultra and it was well worth the money. :flowerforyou:
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options

Sorry, no offense...(it's become an obligatory question for me)...but you think your Fitbit has been pretty accurate for measuring calories burned during your runs based on what standard?

I'm not saying it is or isn't, but I don't understand on what you are basing this.

(ETA: And for what it's worth, my wife and I are ordering "his and hers" Fitbits soon.)

Based on comparison to other burn calcuations - it's been pretty accurate. Every calculator will give you something different - they will never be more then an estimate, but some estimates are better then others.
  • kimby39
    Options
    Can you only order them online? Or does any fitness type store carry them?
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Amazon.com has them cheapest for new. I got mine on Craigslist for $50 bucks.

The other thing it does is let you compete with friends.... I have a bunch of girls from the gym where we can see each others progress and it does push you to move more.

PS I still wear my Polar FT60 HRM during cardio classes because I like a more accurate calorie count and I watch my heart rate zones and other things.
  • Kelly0572
    Kelly0572 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Can you only order them online? Or does any fitness type store carry them?

I got mine at best buy but I also saw them at verizon wireless store too :)
  • joanneg572
    joanneg572 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    FYI....there is a new Fitbit model (THE ONE) being released on Oct. 25/12.
    Here is the info..... http://www.amazon.com/Fitbit-FB103BY-Wireless-Activity-Burgundy/dp/B0095PZHYU
    Cheers, Jo
  • shane1098
    shane1098 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I LOVEEE My FitBit... I agree super motivating!
  • MzKrystle
    MzKrystle Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My husband just bought me a fitbit, First time I wore it I lost it. I feel horrible...they are not cheap!! He said he would buy me another one but forget that. $100?? And if he buys me another one, now $200 invested.
  • tmbowen12
    tmbowen12 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Love my Fitty!! I only use mine as a tool for mileage. As far as calories burned I NEVER ever go by the adjustment that is on here. The problems a week ago taught me a huge lesson. I would wake up and already have a fitbit adjustment of 500 calories for the day LOL. It is super motivating to get miles and steps in. I also get alot of floors on my walks because I live in a hilly area. The fitbit uses an altimeter to track floors. so if you don't climb steps but walk in a hilly area it will register floors :o)