Low calorie breakfast ideas?

Options
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone has some low calorie breakfast ideas. I was just looking for some variety to breakfast. I appreciate and ideas.

Thanks!:smile:

Replies

• julial84
    julial84 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I can tell you what I ate today was yummy and only 213 calories!

- 1/2 cup 0% Greek Yogurt
    -1/4 cup Blueberries
    -1/4 cup Blackberries
    -100 calorie pack of Raw Almonds and Walnuts
    -1 Tbsp Natural Honey

Add me so we can swap ideas - I'm always looking for good meals that wont break my calorie bank :)
  • jannac87
    jannac87 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Quaker Oats Weight Control Oatmeal. 160 calories and 7g of protein.
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Egg white Omelet!
    Right around 200 calories - and delicious. Holds me over all morning.

1/2 c egg whites
    1 oz cheese
    1/4 cup chopped green bell peppers
    1/4 cup mushrooms (sauteed in a tiny bit of olive oil first
    salt and pepper
  • ThresaGlass
    Options
    What have you tried? I know I love cantelope, Oatmeal, pancakes (whole wheat heart healthy) with blueberries, bananas, special K bars, turkey bacon with egg white omelet (with peppers, onions, spinich and mushrooms ** you can also use Fat Free cheese**) Also scramble eggs and turkey sausage put in burito (whole grain) , I also do raisen bran (MY FAVORITE food ever!) There are so many options. Depends on if you are a apicky eater.. I am so somethings I just refuse to eat.. Like tomato YUCK insert sick face LOL But some people use salsa in their breakfast foods. I have been watching the Biggest Loser so I am learning foods also.. They have recipes online also if you have a chance check it out!

Good luck!
  • laura2270
    Options
    I do similar, except I use 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites because I don't care for cheese...and I add any veggie I can find in the fridge (spinach, asparagus, bell peppers, pea pods, onions, etc.)
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Egg white omelet FTW!

1/2 cup of egg whites
    Mushrooms
    Bell Peppers
    Onions
    Low fat ham
    Spray
    Freshly cracked pepper

Spray pan
    Saute vegetables.
    Remove vegetables
    Heat up the ham for a minute so it gets a little cripsy. Remove.

Spray pan
    Place egg whites, let it cook, flip it once(if you cant flip it then slide it on to a plate and then fold the omelet back onto the pan)
    Place vegetables and ham inside.

ENJOY!

Sometimes I'll add 1/4 cup of black beans with chili powder and lemon and I'll just stir it all together. So good ^.^

Also:

Smoothies!! Some of my smoothies hover around 120 calories. Cup of berries, tbs of protein powder, and almond milk!
  • ohnoetry
    ohnoetry Posts: 129
    Options
    Today I had:
    Trader Joe's Gluten free oatmeal (1/2 cup fills me up and only 150 calories)
    1 banana
    1 hard-boiled egg white (I don't like egg yolks unless they're part of deviled eggs!)

I was going to have toast with PB and bananas, but my bread was moldy, yikes!

You could also do cottage cheese with fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs with a cheese stick and some deli meat.

I've never been a breakfast person and I usually eat breakfast at work so these are catered to being on the go.
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    One egg + 1 or 2 whites + spinach and mushrooms = yummy 150 (ish) calories.

Any flavor greek yogurt + strawberries + 1/2 banana (+chia or flax if you want) = 200 (ish) calories

Puffed millet and 1/4 cup skim milk - around 100 calories-or less (I eat this when not hungry but know my next snack or meal will be hours away and I'll become starved if I dont)

2 wasa flats + laughing cow (any flavor) = 105 (add fruit, nuts, yogurt, etc for another 100 calories)
  • katielexy
    katielexy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had one packet of strawberries and creme Quakers oatmeal and 5 chopped fresh strawberries mixed in. Large cup of coffee and 2 tsp of carmel macchiato coffee mate creamer all for 175 calories! :) Keeps me full till my 10:30 AM apple.
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    My "go to" low calorie breakfast is an ounce of Cheerios, 1/2 cup Almond Milk and about 4 medium strawberries, quartered. I also like one egg (ay style) and a piece of Whole Wheat toast with a teaspoon of light margarine and 4 ounces of orange juice.
  • Tnia
    Tnia Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Fiber one bars, nutrigrain, yogurt (yoplait is real good).Fiber one brownies,oatmeal and special K cereal
  • latanya_ervin
    latanya_ervin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    4 strips of turkey bacon 60 calories
    1/2 banana 55 calories
    2 boiled egg whites 32 calories

Grand total: 147
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I make a whole bunch of mini-omelettes in a muffin tin on the weekend to grab-n-go. Each is about 50 cals, and 5g protein. Couple of those with some cottage cheese and I feel amazing all morning.
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Quaker Oats Weight Contol Oatmeal. 160 calories and 7g of protein.

Yes this. It also has one of the lowest sugar counts of instant oatmeal at only 1g of sugar per packet. Love it!
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I eat a boiled egg and some form of oat something.

Fruit, peaches, oranges, apples, bananas

Yogurt is hubs fave

Ezekiel bread (I like with nut butter)
  • HeartlessHarlot
    HeartlessHarlot Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm big on egg beaters (1.5 eggs worth), sandwich thins, two slices turkey bacon and 1/2 a 100 cal guac packet. SO GOOD!!
  • mnmoore76
    Options
    Today I had...

3/4 cup of egg whites scramble with fresh spinach
    1 lean sweet Italian turkey sausage link
    Grande nonfat - 2 pumps - no whip - pumpkin spice latte

All together...465 calories

I like to eat a big breakfast for my afternoon work outs.
  • incognito529
    incognito529 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi racheal,I really like bread in the morning,I make 6 of these at a time and freeze them,90 seconds in microwave and your ready to go!
    Breakfast muffins
    1 whole wheat english muffin -120 cal
    1 slice ham -17 cal
    1/2 slice fat free cheese slice-15 cal
    1 egg white(simply whites)-15 cal

total-167 calories