Help with the holidays PLEASE!

Options
So y'all, I'm a chronic holiday baker and with the windy season creeping up in me I feel the need to explore the vast world of not-so-guilty treats - BUT I NEED YOUR HELP! Right now my head is swirling, twirling, turning up a new, ground breaking pie recipe that would combine sweet potato, pumpkin, and carrots! Any bake savvy people out there that have suggestions, thoughts, snide remarks? Or do you have any equally amazing ideas to indulge on without expanding by? Let me know :)

Replies

• ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    COME ON PEOPLE!
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    really? nuttin'?
  • ohnoetry
    ohnoetry Posts: 129
    Options
    check out the baking recipes on Skinnytaste.com. I personally LOVE to bake , but bake so much (for friends, family and co-workers) that I don't want anything to do with them by the end! That blog has a good pumpkin pie recipe I used last year, went over well!

I think my challenge will be not eating all the things my friends send me! So many treats. That and buying post-holiday candy (especially Halloween!) because it's such a good deal.
  • bowlocuteness
    Options
    Paula Dean's son, forget which one, does all of his mom's recipes low cal style. She has some great pie recipes so maybe it wouldn't hurt to look him up on food network???? Also, try hungry girl, they have some great recipes. The holidays are going to be tough this year, I also love to bake. Especially with two children and a husband who loves sweets, it will be a challenge. Also, I make all kinds of goodies for everyone in my husbands office. But, we can rise up to the challenge together!!!

If I see any recipes that look interesting, I'll message you. :)