WHAT KIND OF EXERCISES DO U DO?

Options
Hi I was wandering what kind of exercises you are doing to help you with your weight loss. I am doing jack knife, standing pike crunch, bicycle crunch. Alot of them are standing? I also do 30 mins of walking that's my cardio. I also do weights a little anyways.
Just want to see what kind you are doing?

Replies

• deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    The only exercise I have done so far is walking. I started out walking less than a mile at a time, because that is all I can manage. Now I walk about 20 miles a week. Maybe someday I will run, but prolly not!
  • Tnia
    Tnia Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Zumba ,Street Fusion, and Nordic Trac Treadmill. Chest machine,abs machine
  • Tnia
    Tnia Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Zumba ,Street Fusion, and Nordic Trac Treadmill. Chest machine,abs machine

I also do that at bailey power gym
  • lfrederick1998
    Options
    My main exercise is walking - I live in a hilly area and it's quite a workout! I also do either The Firm or Kettleworx three times a week. I enjoy doing it, and usually can stay on routine.
  • heyshell79
    heyshell79 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I play ice hockey, walk and do yoga. The ice hockey is early in the morning, as is the yoga (not everyday of course) and the walking is during work (half hour break), I'm considering adding in some other things, but don't really see when that would be. I certainly can't lift weights or ride a bike during work...I'm trying to figure something new out.
  • heyshell79
    heyshell79 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    The only exercise I have done so far is walking. I started out walking less than a mile at a time, because that is all I can manage. Now I walk about 20 miles a week. Maybe someday I will run, but prolly not!
    This is AWESOME! good for you.
  • chars2cents
    chars2cents Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Zumba, uphill walking on the treadmill and elliptical for 30 minutes. I really would like to incorporate more weight training however I'm not sure where to start. Any advice on machines, weight/reps?
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    This is AWESOME! good for you.

Thank you!
  • wocko6092
    wocko6092 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I go for a two mile run ever now and then. But i mainly play badminton with my wife once a week, take my kids swimming once a week and do a two hour kung fu class once a week.
  • CheekyRunner
    CheekyRunner Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of walking, a little running, elliptical, cardio dance and a lot lot lot of Zumba.:bigsmile: The club I go to has 12 Zumba classes a week and I try to get to at least 6 if not more a week. At first I found Zumba to be very difficult but I came to love it. An hour and 700+ calories just fly by. I also do some strength training but that I find isn't as much fun.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I run and do the arc trainer. I also take my dog on vigorous walks and lift weights.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    When I was losing I did Zumba 6 days a week, and some weights for my arms a couple of days a week. I still do Zumba (LOVE it!!) but also walk/run, step aerobics (sometimes with a weighted vest) and do lots of calisthenics, plus some weights (don't really like weights so much) and some general aerobics.
  • casbar911
    casbar911 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Love Cardio Kickboxing :) 1 hour of sweaty heart racing greatness 3 times a week (mwf), cycling or walking on the other days... however now that it is getting darker earlier back to the gym on T/Th/Sat for 1 hour of cardio or weight training circuits...
    the only thing that is set in stone is the 3 kick boxing classes a week (pay a pretty penny) however it is at an actual Mixed Martial Arts Gym - totally worth it!! - the rest I play by ear based on time etc...
    however when I started I did a lot of 30 day shred, turbo jam and zumba... needed a change :)
  • 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Hi I was wandering what kind of exercises you are doing to help you with your weight loss. I am doing jack knife, standing pike crunch, bicycle crunch. Alot of them are standing? I also do 30 mins of walking that's my cardio. I also do weights a little anyways.
    Just want to see what kind you are doing?

You could try Wall Sit, Bridges, Planks, Squats, Modified PushUps on Wall or on your Knees, Toe Heel Raises.
    These use all your muscles and build the core.

With your dumb bells you could try:
    Lateral and Front Arm Raises, Overhead Shoulder Press, One Arm Bent Over Lift, Tricep Extension and Kickbacks, Bicep Curls,

Good work you are doing, way to go!
  • dida_57
    dida_57 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love to run outdoors(4-5x/wk), circuit training (3x/wk), Bikram yoga, U-jam, boxing, and I just signed up for crossfit this wk.
  • I_am_Kara
    I_am_Kara Posts: 2,593 Member
    Options
    zumba, yoga, wii sports, balance ball exercises...and looking for new things :)
  • shanp88
    shanp88 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am doing circuit training at the gym three times a week. They include cardio, strength, core and high intensity interval training. I love it!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I lost all my weight with walking only for 30-45 mins almost everyday but now I also do pilates, strength training, HIIT or spin(just stated spin and not loving it yet). Have also done a little Zumba at home but I think I'd prefer to do real classes. I'd love to be doing yoga again.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I lift weights