65lbs gone for good. (with pic)

Options
Hi,

I've lost 65lbs since I've been tracking with MFP and I started out in April 2011. It's been such hard work, had my ups and downs but now I can say I'm nearly there. Basically I had been putting on weight since I started high school, which was from 11 years of age, and I had ballooned to over 16 and a half stones by the age of 19. I've just literally started my final year of university and my goal was to lose most of the weight before I graduate and that's now more or less done. Although I have roughly a stone (14lbs) to go, but that is pretty attainable I guess.

I lost weight the conventional weigh, eating less and doing more. Obviously religiously sticking to MFP calorie tracker but as time progressed I started doing that less and less and just made better food choices.

But it's such an amazing feeling knowing I can go into any clothing store now and more or less wear anything. But I must say I still feel pretty fat, maybe that'll change in due time. Anyone else know that feeling?

--
Some stats:
Height: 5'8"

Starting waist: 42 inches ish + (didn't properly measure when I first started)
Current waist: 35 inches

Starting weight: 233lbs
Current weight: 167.6
Goal weight: 155lbs - ish
--

Not really photogenic, so decided to cover my face lol.

blahblahblahblah_zpsa4d20c06.png

Replies

• Just_Wil
    Just_Wil Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Excellent job man!

I'm currently at 209 working my way to 175ish. And I'm 5'9". Thanks for the inspiration!
  • GibsonDarlin
    GibsonDarlin Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    WTG, You are doing great!!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    love the "pics"--Awesome job!!!
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Great job!
  • tanone67
    tanone67 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!
  • youknome
    Options
    Thank you everyone. One other thing I'd like to add, it's amazing how much confidence I now have after the weight loss. I use to be quite an introvert but now it's the complete opposite. For anyone thinking of losing weight, don't think about it. Just do it!
    Excellent job man!

I'm currently at 209 working my way to 175ish. And I'm 5'9". Thanks for the inspiration!

Awesome. Good luck with your journey, YOU can do it!
  • snipalicous
    Options
    AWESOME!! Keep up the great work!
  • enchanted_daydream
    enchanted_daydream Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    nice job! you look great!
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    you look great! love the faces lol
  • LisaKunz
    LisaKunz Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I still feel fat, too. :(
  • LeRevCooper
    Options
    You have a really nice smile.
  • youknome
    Options
    LOL thank you everyone. Anyone have a secret to getting rid of stretch marks? :(

I think it's time for me to start doing proper resistance training, don't want to end up being skinny fat =/
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!