Opinions needed on re-evaluating weight

Options
So I'm getting close to reaching my goal, but this morning I was looking at myself in the mirror and I started wondering, would it be better to lose 3 more lbs from my goal?

The absolute lightest I've ever been in my life was 101 and I felt like I was almost emaciated looking. And now I'm kinda scared to re-evaluate my goal for fear that I'm going to look emaciated again. I'm thinking about re-evaluating to 105lbs.

So, my question is do you think 105 is enough weight on someone who is 5'2"? Or will someone look at me and want to feed me a cheeseburger?

Please help me re-evaluate my weight.

Thanks!

Replies

• uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    So I'm getting close to reaching my goal, but this morning I was looking at myself in the mirror and I started wondering, would it be better to lose 3 more lbs from my goal?

The absolute lightest I've ever been in my life was 101 and I felt like I was almost emaciated looking. And now I'm kinda scared to re-evaluate my goal for fear that I'm going to look emaciated again. I'm thinking about re-evaluating to 105lbs.

So, my question is do you think 105 is enough weight on someone who is 5'2"? Or will someone look at me and want to feed me a cheeseburger?

Please help me re-evaluate my weight.

Thanks!
  • sarakenna1
    sarakenna1 Posts: 261
    Options
    Why reevaluate now that you have nearly reached your goal? It seems a little self-deprecating to change your goal right before you have made it. I think you should allow yourself the satisfaction of hitting the goal you set weeks ago. Besides, at 108 you are already at the end of the healthy weight range for your height and are probably really, really skinny. You really don’t need to lose 3 more lbs.
  • uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    Why reevaluate now that you have nearly reached your goal? It seems a little self-deprecating to change your goal right before you have made it. I think you should allow yourself the satisfaction of hitting the goal you set weeks ago. Besides, at 108 you are already at the end of the healthy weight range for your height and are probably really, really skinny. You really don’t need to lose 3 more lbs.

I just feel kind of dense still. Like I don't really feel like I've lost weight even though my scale and clothes say I have, so I was thinking another 3 might fix that feeling?

I could just be babbling at this point...
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    It's really hard to tell whether or not you would look unhealthy without seeing a picture. Also, too remember that because the charts say you should be within a certain weight range, we all carry our weight differently due to differences in body shapes and bone structure. If you want an honest opinion you should go to people who have known you at all different weights and ask them (providing you believe they will be unbiased and honest with you) or post some pictures here and let us be the judge. :bigsmile:
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I just feel kind of dense still. Like I don't really feel like I've lost weight even though my scale and clothes say I have, so I was thinking another 3 might fix that feeling?

I could just be babbling at this point...

Sometimes it takes our minds time to catch up with your bodies. You HAVE lost weight already, and when you reach your goal, you'll be 9 pounds lighter than when you started, which is not trivial at all. Two ways to help your mind catch up: 1) buy new clothes, and 2) have new pictures taken.

Here's my suggestion:

When you reach your goal, just try to maintain it for about a month. See if that is easy or hard. If it's easy, you could try to lose 3 pounds. But then pause and do the same thing.

Maintain, maintain, maintain! In the end, this will be the test to see if you can STAY at your new weight.
    There is no point in getting down to a weight that you can't sustain for the long-term.
  • Jenna423
    Jenna423 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    It sounds to me like you aren't seeing yourself the way everyone else would see you. I agree with the others, ask people who know and love you, but make sure they're honest. You probably look awesome being at 108 because you're only 5'2". I'm 5'3" and I weigh 32 pounds more than you!!!!! I could only DREAM of getting close to 108! You are probably never going to be satisfied with the number on the scale. :grumble: I know I never am! But good luck, and post some pics so we can help you! :flowerforyou:
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    What you need is to set a completely different challenge not related to your weight, I would reflect on something I have always wanted to do (maybe a new sport) and go for it. Your weight is fine...use your new healthy body to enjoy your life.

~Namaste
  • yellow_pepper
    Options
    It sounds to me like you aren't seeing yourself the way everyone else would see you. I agree with the others, ask people who know and love you, but make sure they're honest.

There actually comes a point when losing another pound makes you look worse. While I always feel happy about my body when I lose weight, I have to admit, I don't like what it does to my face! And I'm also showing a lot of ribs before I ever see an inch lost from my thighs ...

I'm not trying to throw you a cheeseburger, but I think you should be careful. Make sure that you're eating enough and not compromising your long-term health (especially your bone density).

You might want to ask a doctor for advice on this. If possible, try to see a doctor with some background in sports. You're much more likely to see eye to eye on your goals, but yet he/she'd stop you before you went TOO far.
  • opatt23
    opatt23 Posts: 90
    Options
    How much do you weigh now?

Im about 5'1 and Im at 115 right now. I'd say I look healthy but I still want to be 110 (I think it's a mind thing) The mirror...err..your mind rather will play tricks on your self-perception. At 5'2 you probably look great. Congrats on reaching your goals!

I agree with the other posts...post a pick or ask someone you know will be truly honest with you.
  • Gorgeous
    Gorgeous Posts: 248
    Options
    im 5'3 and at 105 i thought i looked great!

BUT see around here we have a saying

"you can never be too thin or to rich"

so i guess that depends on How you want to look and feel
  • yellow_pepper
    Options
    "You can never be too rich or too thin."

This quotation has been attributed to Wallis Simpson and Babe Paley, though it is suspected that the writer Truman Capote is the source.
  • Pamy
    Pamy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I dont think you really need to lose anymore weight you dont want to be too skinny!!!!

Pamela xx

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Liana25
    Liana25 Posts: 31
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and for a healthy BMI it gave me a weight between 118-132 but another calculation gave me a weight of 111-122 for a large framed person.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I think it itakes time to adjust after loosing weight
    When I started here I was 155 and my goal was 138-140...I'm now 130 and trying to maintain by adjusting cals
    Today I went shopping and size 6 was too big..I'm now a size 4....seems soooo odd to wrap my head around that (I started a size 10)
    After reaching your initial goal, I would take some time.....I think it gets hard to stop trying to loose weight..if that makes sense
    Good
    Luck

Kim