Need Advice

My weight has been been fluctuating between 2-3 pounds between 105/6 and 108 for a long time now. i want to get down to 105 permanently, but I dont know how. I hardly eat as it is I am eating bwetween 500-800 calories a day depending on the day. What do I do? Also i am 5 ft 4 in. What should I do, what weight should i be at. I want to be skinny. Also am i too skinny already or should i lose more?

Replies

• Grognit
    Grognit Posts: 50
    You are not eating enough at all.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    My weight has been been fluctuating between 2-3 pounds between 105/6 and 108 for a long time now. i want to get down to 105 permanently, but I dont know how. I hardly eat as it is I am eating bwetween 500-800 calories a day depending on the day. What do I do? Also i am 5 ft 4 in. What should I do, what weight should i be at. I want to be skinny.

This is call an ED. I would seek professional help. Also, your body naturally fluctuates 5 lbs a day. So you can't stay at the same weight. Also, if you really want to cut fat, you need to eat probably 3 -4 times what you are and do heavy weight training. In fact, if you gained 20lbs of muscle, you would even be better off. All you are doing now is killing your metabolism and hurting your body through malnutrition. Below is two examples of what happens when you stop worrying about weight and add muscle.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/392784-skinny-fat-vs-fit-photo?hl=skinny+fat
  • Am i too skinny already, but how do i know its fluctuating and not going to keep going up every week i weigh?
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Am i too skinny already, but how do i know its fluctuating and not going to keep going up every week i weigh?

I would say yes. On all the charts I see the low for a 5'4" woman is 114, so according to that 105 or even 108 is underweight.
  • psuLemon
    Am i too skinny already, but how do i know its fluctuating and not going to keep going up every week i weigh?

Weigh yourself 3 times a day. It will be different weight every time. BTW, three pounds will not change your look at all.
  • ssalmfp
    ssalmfp Posts: 27 Member
    Why do you want to get to 105? Do you really think 108 look different from 105? Is it just the number that's important to you? What do you think you will gain in your life by dropping 3lbs?

You need to talk to your doctor about this. Not only are you already low for a woman of your height, but your diet and this fixation on 3 lbs is unhealthy.
  • I understand 3 pounds wont change my look but I am afraid it will keep going up from there and then i wont know what to do. I dont know why it has all the sudden gone up from 106- 108 in these past few weeks, I actually feel like I have eaten less.
  • psuLemon
    I understand 3 pounds wont change my look but I am afraid it will keep going up from there and then i wont know what to do. I dont know why it has all the sudden gone up from 106- 108 in these past few weeks, I actually feel like I have eaten less.

Please get some professional help. All you are doing is destroying your body. You would be better off eating 2200 calories and aiming to gain 20 lbs of muscle if you care about looks as I referenced in my first post. Weight is meaningless.
  • I suggest seeking professional help as well. You are on the verge of being underweight, and are severely undereating.
  • But i am afraid of gaining weight, i want to be skinny.
This discussion has been closed.