Vacation and Diet :(

I am really worried that next week we go camping with friends for 5 days...We cook and eat together and usually there is way too much food...and alcohol...any suggestions for some good sweets that are not to bad for you...Once lady who camps with us bakes each day and normally is too much temptation to walk away from..:(

Replies

• kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    I'm horrible with diet when I'm around friends. Try filling up on healthy or lower-calorie foods first (veggies?) before the meats and baked goods. My best advice would be try to get as much exercise as possible when you're camping... go for lots of walks and nature hikes to help burn off the higher calorie foods.. then just jump right back in with both feet when you get back.

Just don't overdo it and you won't sabotage all your hard work. Have one dessert instead of two, eat only until you're full and don't overeat. Just make sure you get back to eating healthy when you get back.
  • EmilyBoots
    EmilyBoots Posts: 15 Member
    Maybe your friends would be open to taking a healthier approach to food for the vacation? If they're not looking to lose weight themselves, maybe they could do it in support of you. If that fails, maybe you could compromise by offering to cook a meal a day for everybody, or bring lots of healthy snacks to share.
  • my thoughts exactly after a lot of thought!! I have decided to talk lots of fresh fruit and veggies and snack healthy...also long walks with the dog are going to be a must....Thank you so much