Favorite Snack Foods / Small Meals

Options
My default snack or small meal foods are the slices of 1 large apple (typically Sweet Tango or Pink Lady) paired with plain, nonfat Greek yogurt. I also tend to reach for thin-sliced turkey, a low-fat cheese stick, cucumbers, plums, and green smoothies. Yesterday I brought home Bartlett pears for a change, but there is only so much variety afforded from a few pears. Suggestions, anyone?

Replies

• DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I like to dip my pears or apple slices in peanut butter. I love nuts too, a handful of almonds with a banana. I recently bought protein shakes from Costco, at 160 cal each, they are an awesome mid morning snack when I've just had a really light breakfast.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Unless you have allergies, you can have a small amount of nuts ....... I like a cheesestick & some almonds or walnuts ..... hummus with raw veggies ..... hard-boiled egg .....

:drinker:
  • Kely39
    Kely39 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I sometimes like to snack on a T of low fat cream cheese and Triscuits. Or 1 oz of 2% milk cheese with whole wheat crackers, small handful (17 to be exact) of raw almonds, celery with a T of peanut Butter, pretzals, nutrigrain bars, granola bars, 1/2 c of sherbet or italian ice, cottage cheese with fresh pineapple. Bananas are also a filling fruit. I hope this helps. I know eating healthy can be daunting and eating the same things over again can get boring. I am still trying to work throught this myself.
  • Jason_Patrick
    Options
    Yogurt + Grape Nuts + Grapes. Awesome snack/breakfast!
  • Sammyjo4486
    Options
    I am new at this but so far i have been snacking on either a dannon light and fit yogurt, hummus with raw veggies( cucumber,baby carrots,celery etc... or if i have room for wheat crackers no more than 16 of the reducded fat wheat thins. TBS of peanut butter and a celery stick. Certain fruit, easy on the grapes they can boost your sugar, i like cantalope and apple slices. And a granola bar is always good just watch the sugary ones nothing cover in chocolate.
  • CherylO75
    Options
    love all the ideas. my go to snack for sweet is fruit, whatever there is in the house and non sweet is cheese with a few olives.:happy:
  • seedawg23
    seedawg23 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just came across almonds packaged in single servings from a brand called Emerald. Each box has seven single serve packages that are 100 calories each. They come in natural, dry roasted, almond and walnut and my favorite Cocoa roast. The cocoa roast option is great because it's dark chocolate, but not bitter and it gives you a hint of sweetness without being any higher in calories than the others and only 1 gram of sugar per pack. These really helped me cause I tend to eat a lot of carbs in all my other favorite snacks.
  • joanmarie64
    Options
    laughing cow light cheese spread on melba toast
  • fraochmac
    fraochmac Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My favorites: vegetable chips with hummus or salsa, chocolate fiber bars (130 calories), microwave popcorn, unsalted peanuts and nectarines.
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    I enjoy a nice crispy apple, or a medium zucchni raw. But as the seasons change so do my favorite choices.
  • mommyshortlegs
    mommyshortlegs Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your suggestions, everyone! And krosencrants, for expressing your understanding. :) I've already added a healthy handful of these items to my shopping list. (Jason_Patrick, I LOVE Grape Nuts; they would fit the bill when I'm craving crunch.)
  • darwinforyou
    darwinforyou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    My go to snacks lately are asian pears, so good super cold from the fridge, string cheese and carrots and hummus. Though I had a charcuterie plate at a restaurant last week and it was cheese that you dipped in honey and then nuts, never would have thought but it was so delicious! I think that might something I could try with a baby bell or even stringe cheese with some pecans or walnuts and it would be good.