Some help needed!

Options
Hey Guys;

Im a guy in his early 20s, 190cm and 280lb's, so I need to shift some serious weight here! Determined to finally nail it, and been concentrating on cutting the cals and the fats and the like on here. Now I realise I need to get into some serious excercise.

Problem is, i've never really excercised before, my fitness levels are poor! Originally I was going to do the 30 day shred, i've tried it for 3 days and that things going to actually kill me! Its way too intense for a beginner like me, i've pushed myself as far as I can go and just know that if I try anymore with such poor fitness, i'm going to give up! End up on the floor within about 10 minutes unable to go on.

Ideally looking for something to do every day/week to build my fitness, a DVD/youtube is probably best as I need something for that motivational side of it. I would ideally like to get into some weight training as well, bought some dumbells, but know nothing at all about that either..... Help!!!! Please!!! :)

x

Replies

• alliooops
    alliooops Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi
    How about just getting out for a walk? Building it up gradually. Always tricky to recommend a DVD when you sound like you are a beginner and I'm not sure how much you could manage to start with. Can you borrow some DVDs from a shop or friend? Something like 30 day shred does sound like it is much more advanced than you need at this stage - you don't want to put yourself off by using something that's just too difficult.
    Start off slowly and build up!
    Good luck
    Alli
  • stephanie1133
    Options
    You could always modify the 30DS by just resting when you need to! You certainly don't have to do every single thing for the entire time. And like Alliooops said, walking would be a good way to add some light activity as well.

As far as the dumbbells. . . what weight did you get? Are they adjustable? There's so many things to do, you could search that in youtube and start getting some ideas.

I really like the New Rules of Lifting books. They aren't pricey, and may even be available at your local library.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Walking is a great way to start out. When I started, I weighed 338 pounds and could barely walk a mile, slowly. Now, I am 95 puonds lighter and some days take 5 or 6 mile walks. I could probably jog if i made myself, but I am kind of a weinie. Walking is a good way for almost anyone to start out.
  • tessa175
    tessa175 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Definately try walking to start, but once you're up for more cardio, try Tae Bo basics video, I found it online, it's only 25 mins and it's for begginers, and very motivational.
  • TheMommyWifeLife
    TheMommyWifeLife Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    walk, get a 12 lb dumbbell, do squats (start with 5-10 and add 2 more every day).

I know your feeling. Add me as a friend. Ive been in your shoes before!