Has this site really helped you?

Options

Replies

• sarafay80
    sarafay80 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yes this site made counting calories EASY and quick. Most times I can plan ahead when meeting friends as well and then be "normal" when ordering instead of adding calories.

One thing I learned when I joined -- I had a couple friends already using the app and I didn't even know they were counting calories. Some people use the site just to track their exercise. I became friends with them on the site and we have really encouraged each other to make healthy choices and keep exercising daily.

I like that the site/app is dedicated to healthy eating AND exercise and you can find people that share the same goals to keep you motivated.
  • Pelly57
    Pelly57 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    The site has helped. The most help, to me, is logging the food and getting an accurate calorie count. I mostly read the message boards for entertainment from like-minded people.

Ditto!
  • Strangelyinsane
    Strangelyinsane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I've found during my first month as a member that having a structure to help track my calories has been a huge benefit. The food database is amazing. I don't have to think about how to keep track of my food intake. The website and especially the food database is very intuitive and helpful.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    MFP tracking is like getting a free tax accountant during Tax season. Now the forums you will read a lot of info, some is good and some is bad, so research whatever you read if you are intrigued by it and see if it works out for you. But always remember nothing hard comes easy, so you have to put in the work and you will eventually see good results.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

If you have a good group of people on the same path to health and fitness, it no longer seems like a diet :grumble: , it becomes a DO IT! :bigsmile:

Love this!!
  • CarlaMichelle
    CarlaMichelle Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm the only one in my group (family and freinds) who is trying to be healthy... when you feel down or when you have a success to share there is no one to tell... This site is my healthy freind hangout. i have freinds here who give me Whoo Hoos when i do great and i can email them or message them on this site and say what i need to say andt hey encourage me. AND i get to log all my food and keep track of what i am eating! please send me a freind request i'll help keep you honest.
  • moreORless50
    moreORless50 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    best thing i did joining this site i had terrible eating habits the food diary is helping me learn about healthy food the msg boards are so full of posts that i can relate to and so many ppl there to help with advice and encouragement and its nice to see that your not alone in your journey and the mistakes u make along the way are mistakes others make to
  • sarahsaca
    sarahsaca Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I find that logging in my food keeps me accountable and I also find that logging in my food makes me think twice before I might eat something or drink something :drinker:

Anyway -- it's also nice to be able to look back and see what was working or not working at different time periods....
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I literally just started this site yesterday, and I can already tell it's going to be a huge help compared to the other sites I've been on. Everywhere else I've joined people are much less community involved and do their own thing and just use the site as tracking their food and such. While that does work for some people, it doesn't for me, I need to have support and it's nice to have a news feed to see what everyone else is doing as well. I can tell this time will be a bit different then all the last times I've tried to lose weight!
  • Sammibullellu
    Options
    Yes, it helps me to see what I'm actually consuming AND my exercise. I have recently returned here and it's such a good place.. THANKS MFP :heart:
  • Mveler
    Mveler Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Finding this site was the best thing I could have done. It holds me accountable for my calorie intake and exercise. I find the message boards very helpful , and some even entertaining. THANK YOU ALL
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    After years of struggling I found this site, thanks to my daughter. It turned out since I have spent my whole career invovled with computers in one form or another, this application was the perfect fit for me. I am addicted to it. Happily. I met my goal a year ago in August and still log here every day!
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    YES!

Not only has it helped me be honest about what I'm eating and make better choices, it's inspired me to make other changes with regard to fitness, and I've honored commitments to myself that I was never able to do before. The community is the biggest part of it, having people to push you or cheer you on, or pat your hand when you're feeling blue. It's been wonderful. I don't think I'd ever want to be without it now (so when the technology crash happens, I'll be totally screwed! :laugh:)
  • Kittyhawk10
    Options
    Im just a newby here. Been here just 10 days . So far i have found it has made me more accountable to me . Food choices and working out everyday. No excuses. And i feel satisfied with myself and the choices that i have made for the day. No guilt or head in the sand.. I like seeing it black and white. And i enjoy it .

i dont have a lot of weight to lose and its easy to lose focus. I want to maintain a healthier weight and i know i feel better, healthier, smarter, fitter, sexier when i am looking after myself. Alot of people my age (49) cant be bothered and ask me why I do. But i like myself and I deserve the small amount of effort that it takes to stay focused on me. Afterall if I don't, nobody else will.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I joined this site mainly because losing weight alone is never fun D: it's actually quite depressing lol. Being the only one counting calories in all your friends gets kinda embarrassing. So, I was hoping this community would help keep me motivated (: Has it really helped you with your weight loss goals? Why didn't you reach your weight loss goals before?

This is my first time trying to lose weight by logging my food and counting calories and exercising. It is working splendidly for me. I have lost 36 pounds in 12 weeks!

Welcome to MFP!
  • Jozzmenia
    Jozzmenia Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    It helped me to track calories a lot. I have the app on my smartphone... It's so great because I'll be at a restaurant, say I'm at Olive Garden thinking of ordering some pasta dish and bread... I will type it in and the calorie count will come out and I'm like, "What?! That's almost my whole day's worth of calories, so not worth it..."
  • nixism
    nixism Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    MFP has really helped me, I've only been here at few months... but it's made me alot more accountable for my choices of food/drink and the amount I was eating. I've always been a pretty healthy eater, but just ate WAY too much... hence when the kgs started coming on I couldn't work out why... MFP has opened my eyes and I'm very grateful for this site - thanks MFP angels!!! :heart: Love ya work!
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    yes it has helped. and this is the first time i've tried losing weight, seriously tried.

i go hard or i go home! i didn't start this journey with failure as a option, as corny as it sounds. now down 45 lbs, 6 away from my goal weight! and yes all my relatives, friends, co-workers are jealous. MFP is my secret!
  • Kryxx
    Kryxx Posts: 34
    Options
    Affirmative
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Counting calories is like balancing my checkbook.

If I do it in my head, I always end up underestimating or forgetting things completely.

So I track my calories and work hard enough that I don't have to worry about balancing my checkbook. Easier all the way around. :grumble: