I feel like I am eating all day!

Options
I have been eating back my calories from working out and I am eating small meals all day. Then if I don't work out I get stressed about eating! Its frustrating but I feel like I am obsessed!

Replies

• WhyLime113
    WhyLime113 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Personally, I have a consistent meal plan (for the most part anyways). 3 meals a day, and if I have left over calories, I may treat myself. These leftover calories may come from higher activity level or just not eating a lot that day. This way I have a nice consistent food schedule I can keep to that makes me feel comfortable, but can add to if I'm 'good.' This way I never feel out of line when I eat or worried if I'm eating too much, because on the average day, whether I exercise or not, I should be eating good anyway (unless I don't pay attention, but I'm getting better at that fast).
  • jc86
    jc86 Posts: 151
    Options
    Me too. I'm going to consider intermittent fasting or setting myself certain times that I eat my meals.
  • FirefitMike
    FirefitMike Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting is a great option.
  • djk721
    djk721 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I eat 5 times a day--at generally the same time everyday. Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner. Works for me, anyway.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I eat 6 small meals so I am eating all day but my net calories are still around 1200 on most days.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    When I first started out here, I felt the same way. So I started planning my meals the night before, so I knew exactly what I was going to eat. If I planned to work out, I would plan snacks in that would help me eat my exercise calories back. I had a list of "go-to" snacks for when I had the extra calories and wanted something to eat: apple slices with cream cheese or peanut butter, peanut butter crackers, cheese cubes, yogurt with fruit, etc. I knew exactly how many calories were in those snacks, so I knew what to grab to meet my goal. It made things so much easier and took the stress off while I was getting into the groove of eating better.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I eat on a routine...

I eat 5 times a day: late morning snack, lunch, snack, dinner, evening snack. I eat all of my food between 11:30am and 9:30pm. On days I don't run, I always sort of feeel like I eat too much, but I am following my caloric goals so I guess I just have to stop overthinking it.
  • redstar7
    redstar7 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way, I swear I am eating from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to bed! And, I still never meet my calorie goals. I have a personal trainer that gets made at me because I'm not eating enough calories. It feels weird, because eating too much usually makes me feel bad, or guilty.