need help please!

Options
ive been doing the 30 minute shred and i dont know how many calories i burn and i would like to put in my diary. if anyone can help me out id appreciate it. TIA!

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'd put it in under " cardio". :smile:
  • katymcd81
    katymcd81 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested to know this too, as I'm looking to start 30-day shred soon...I really don't trust MFP's estimations of calorie burn, so I use Runkeeper to calculate my run and swim calories (comes out at about half of what MFP wants to give me!), but there's no '30-day shred' button on Runkeeper!
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    MFP tends to overestimate cals burned during exercise so if I've done 30 mins of cardio I log 20 mins etc :smile:
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I estimate using the points on Fitocracy, which does give a choice of easy, moderate, broke a sweat or I'm dying here!

Roughly 200-250 cals would be a reasonable estimate.
  • MrsBioChem
    MrsBioChem Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I can do Level 1 tomorrow with my HRM. While I am in my mid-20s,120lbs, and slightly fit (I jog about 3 miles every other day, and train with body weight), that will give you a starting point.

Let me know if you want me to try.
  • Caitlin151
    Options
    Did you get an average HR and calorie burn MrsBioChem??.. As I am 120lbs and been doing 30DS but can't figure out what to log myself as I don't have a HRM :(
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I usually burn around 140-180 calories per session- I am 5'4" at 114 pounds (very near my goal weight).
    There is a circuit training under cardio I see other people use. A HRM would be your best bet!
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    3.267 calories burnt per pound every hour. Multiply by weight to get how many calories per hour one would burn and divide by 3 to get each 20 minute work out.

From Jillian Michaels.