Red Quinoa

Options
TheNewReen
TheNewReen Posts: 27 Member
Any one have any good recipes for Red Quinoa. It's my first time using the grain so I'm pretty clueless. I'm looking online as well, but wanted to see if anyone here has any good recipes from personal experience. Thanks in advance! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I've tried quite a few from http://www.quinoasalads.com/

All delicious.
  • Prettypsych
    Options
    I'm not sure if this is helpful, but I use it almost anytime I want to use rice. I cook it in reduced sodium chicken or veggie broth NOT water. It absorbs the flavor. If you're worried about calories but not sodium, try a bullion cube or chicken base (sold in a jar) for flavor. It might even soak up beef flavor though I've never tried it. You can even toss in red onions or green/red peppers, and cook it all down together. Then eat it with just about anything. Stir fry, beans, fish, veggies, or one of those tomato-feta cheese "rice" cold salads. For a Mexican themed night, throw in cilantro and just eat it like rice. I've even mixed it with meat and made baked stuffed peppers. I hope this helps.
  • TheNewReen
    Options
    Thanks!! Both of those suggestions were really helpful! Especially since I bought with the intentions of replacing rice here and there. Appreciate it! :D
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    breakfast : one cup quinoa, a drop of honey, stevia or agave syrup, cinnamon, one tbs crushed walnuts. yummy:smile:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Any one have any good recipes for Red Quinoa. It's my first time using the grain so I'm pretty clueless. I'm looking online as well, but wanted to see if anyone here has any good recipes from personal experience. Thanks in advance! :flowerforyou:

Here's an ongoing Quinoa thread you might enjoy, lots of ideas and recipes shared there. So in addition to this thread and the other I imagine you'll find tons of great ways to use it!:wink:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/620686-quinoa-love-it-like-it-hate-it-never-tried-it
  • TheNewReen
    Options
    ahh, you guys are awesome! Thanks so much. I made it for the first time tonight.. turned out really good. I'm very glad I tried it. Thanks for all the suggestions! :)