Greetings from Switzerland

Options
Hello there!

I'm a 26 yo student from Geneva (the original one in Switzerland) with some belly to get rid of.

I've tried some diets before (Dukan, ChronoDiet, Dissociated). They all were someway effective (I lost 20pds with Dukan, but they came back in no time...) but essentially on my moneybag... (Dukan is the worst... eating only meat/eggs/proteins is insanely expensive!)
But the main problem was that they were diets, with a list of forbidden aliments (carbs for Dukan, dairies for ChronoDiet) and/or a strict menu (what's the point to eat spaghettis if you can't add bolognese sauce & parmigiano?)

Anyway, after all those unsuccessful tries I decided to eat "normally" but to watch the amount of food I eat (I don't know if I suffer from bulimia or anything but I'm used to eat a lot...). I found this app randomly on the Google Store and here I am :-)

I started friday with 266pds, my aim is to lose at least 1 pound/week to finally weight about 200pds (I'm 6ft high and big-boned, my physician said it would be a good goal)

Well, that's all for now. See you folks ;-)

Replies

• Valm0n
    Options
    btw, I'm not quite familiar with the "friend" system, if someone could explain me ^_^
  • LivingInPuglia
    LivingInPuglia Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome

I lived and worked in / near Geneva for a while.. And I tried Dukan too ... not realistic long term. Now I am looking for long term healthy eating solution and it sounds like you are too.

I will send you a friend request and we can support each other on our quest for perfection!

Ciao, ciao. Debbie
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Bonjour!

I take it you're male? Either that or a very tall girl!

Friends....you just add people. Très facile! Click on their profile and go to 'add friend'. Or they can do the same to you. Then you can read their food diaries (if they keep them open) and see what exercise they do. It's good for motivation.
  • Valm0n
    Options
    Yes I am a male (I thought I mentioned it, my bad) ^^

Oh okay, so I can share my food log to friends, now I get it :)

(haha, I like it when English-speaking people use French words, I imagine them with the fake French accent (like the French Knight in Holy Grail), that makes no sens ^^')
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Yes I am a male (I thought I mentioned it, my bad) ^^

Oh okay, so I can share my food log to friends, now I get it :)

(haha, I like it when English-speaking people use French words, I imagine them with the fake French accent (like the French Knight in Holy Grail), that makes no sens ^^')

Mais je suis prof de français donc je pense que mon accent n'est pas mal! :smile: Je suis anglaise.
  • Valm0n
    Options
    haha, ceci explique cela! :happy:
  • deaddivya
    Options
    Woohoo, another Swiss person! :) In fact, you're the first one I met here so far. I'm from the canton of Valais. :)
    Best of luck to you on your journey of getting rid of those excess pounds, mfp really works. I bet you'll see the results soon!
  • Lanski01
    Options
    It must be difficult to diet in Switzerland with the cheese, chocolate, Rosti and pastries... Good Luck to you!
  • Valm0n
    Valm0n Posts: 88
    Options
    well, that's quite a cliché; Belgians and Germans eat more chocolate per year than us, as the Greeks and Frenchs eat more cheese than us ^^

and above all, I don't really like neither chocolate nor cheese (and röstis... when you know how it's made, you don't want to ear about it anymore ^^)
    My real enemy is anything mixing carbs and fats (bread&butter, pizza dough, chips, crispies etc).

I went to Scotland for 12 days this summer, I took about 10pds. the food is so good but sooooo unhealthy (damn I LOOOOOVE Scottish Breakfast!!! I could eat bacon all day T_T)
  • Valm0n
    Valm0n Posts: 88
    Options
    Well, it's been the 3rd day eating normally and... I'm not starving at all :noway: I can't believe it, I always thought "regular rations" wouldn't be enough for me :laugh:
  • dor230586
    dor230586 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Salut, c'est un bon début, continues comme ça et tu fondras comme neige au soleil!
    Ajoutes-moi en "amie" si tu veux, on peut s'encourager mutuellement.
    Salutations de France voisine!
  • looklight
    Options
    well, that's quite a cliché; Belgians and Germans eat more chocolate per year than us, as the Greeks and Frenchs eat more cheese than us ^^

I agree on that one! German myself - and boy - i love chocolate, that's why I am here I guess :)
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Bonjour! I just got back from Geneva, lovely gorgeous city too. I sent you a friend request. I totally understand your predicament. What I am doing in addition to counting cals with MFP is going to online Overeaters Anonymous meetings & trying to exercise. That seems to help me most with binge eating aka binge eating disorder.