Self conscious while shopping for new clothes anyone???

Options
So i went shopping today for a new pair of jeans, Only getting one cause i am in the process of loseing weight and so i know i will need new ones soon. I see me losing weight and it makes me sooooo happy but yet when i went shopping i got discouraged because my size...Anyone ever have this happen? what should i do? lol

Replies

• ScumbagSteve
    ScumbagSteve Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm embarrassed to bring my size to the cashier so I tend to just shove it in my bag and go. I can't wait for the day when I can actually pay for my jeans with pride.
  • mikayla112211
    Options
    yes im so ready for that day too!!! its like im so afraid they are gonna laugh or be like oh goodness...
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I was so used to shopping in plus sized stores that I never really had that problem. Everyone was buying big clothes so it didn't matter. I am waiting for the day I can shread my Lane Bryant credit card.
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I hate that the shop assistant asks what size I am when I don't know anymore
    I could be the same size or one or two sizes down.
    But I am glad I am smaller.
    Only buying minimal clothes now cos I am losing weight pretty fast now
  • affleckf
    Options
    Always! but think the worse for me is buying underwear. lol I dk why but it bothers me the worse. :laugh: that and when i have bought maternity shirts cuz the fit me better, but im not pregnant..... that is bad also.....:blushing:

30022170.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I actually get ridiculously excited because my clothes are either a large or a medium depending on the fit... I know I could be smaller, but sweet jesus it feels nice to not be buying a 2x.
  • NotHopelessButHopeful
    Options
    I hate buying new clothes I had one pair of jeans that fit and 5 that are too small. finally had to break down and buy a new pair of pants last month but I'm happy to find that they are fitting much looser.
  • fitnessgal1985
    fitnessgal1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It's not just the shopping that is embarrassing for me , it's the walking through the store, not finding something in a style I like and like 30 minutes into i get all sweaty for no reason. It's horrid. It doesn't help that I'm particularly petite so having to find a size 18 in short (for jeans) is no walk in the park. Online shopping is worse. lol Also clothes for plus sized people tend to be more expensive I noticed. Not sure why.
  • fatkidlovescake
    fatkidlovescake Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Plus sized clothes are more expensive as it uses more material to create the garment.
    Think of the money you will save on clothes as well as food when you are able to buy smaller sizes.
  • fitnessgal1985
    fitnessgal1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Plus sized clothes are more expensive as it uses more material to create the garment.
    Think of the money you will save on clothes as well as food when you are able to buy smaller sizes.
    Thought that might be the reason.
  • affleckf
    Options
    It's not just the shopping that is embarrassing for me , it's the walking through the store, not finding something in a style I like and like 30 minutes into i get all sweaty for no reason.

embarassment causes you to sweat. So can anger lol with are both things i feel while shopping
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I used to be embarrassed when buying clothes. I felt like everyone was judging me, especially when the size is clearly visible to everyone. My all-time high was a size 20/2XL. I've been following my plan for almost 8 months now and have loved seeing my sizes get smaller (I started at a VERY tight 12). I went into a store the other day and the sales person actually said, "You're a 4, right?" and pulled a jacket for me. I was shopping with my fiance and I thought, "Oh my gosh-if this doesn't fit I'll be mortified in front of him". But it did fit. He has been supportive of me the whole time and is always telling me how small I've become, but I didn't believe it.

Soon you will love shopping for clothes and in the meantime no one is judging you. I tell my teenage daughter all of the time-you have to get what fits and looks good. Once it's on your body no one will see the size.

Best of luck to you!