Hello and help please!

Options
I'm a newbie, just joined today. I have been following the Canada food guide for the past few weeks and have been losing about 400g a week.. but got a bit frustrated last week and just fell off the food-wagon big time! Today I weighed myself and was up 1kg!! A friend of mine told me about myfitnesspal so I joined up right away. I am now counting all my calories and not just ignoring - say - the cream and sugar in my coffee! So here I am. I want to lose 18kg in total so have a fair way to go but am hoping to find support and inspiration here!

Replies

• namluv
    namluv Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    LOL if you can see past my use of imperial system, we're on!
  • RunningOnPurple
    RunningOnPurple Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You've found the right place for inspiration. Feel free to add me. :)
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    LOL if you can see past my use of imperial system, we're on!

Same here :-)
  • bonnielovinglife
    Options
    I'm fairly new to it but the people are super supportive and full of helpfulness (is that a word?) Feel free to add me too if you like.
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Yeah add me my metric friend!
  • Cheryl1018
    Options
    This place is awesome! Before I joined this site I was stuck on only losing 3 pounds. I now have lost 10 pounds and am exercising daily.
  • sh4690
    sh4690 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
    x
  • Lakeswoman
    Lakeswoman Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Add me, too, if you like. This has been the best place for me,,,metric or no...
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    This is the place to be for inspiration, help, and support. Please feel free to add me.

Pam
  • givingitback
    Options
    Please add me...I'm a newbie too!
  • lcooke24
    lcooke24 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too!
  • Michellereducf
    Michellereducf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Really paying attention to what I eat has helped me lose 12 pounds so far.
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    For me the thing that really works best is actually seeing the calorie content in everything you eat. That has really helped me step back and take a better look at my food. Now I am making better choices. I still have my days when I break down and have some chocolate but I am still eating so much better than I ever have. This site is amazing. I also recommend leaving your food diary open. The people here are really great at holding you accountable if you eat something you shouldn't. And the more friends the better.
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Really paying attention to what I eat has helped me lose 12 pounds so far.

I have lost 12 pounds too and I have only been doing this for 65 days.
  • stacyhall79
    Options
    this place is fantastic, always looking for more friends, feel free to add me :)
  • MarshaMeadows
    MarshaMeadows Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP! I recently reached out for support a few weeks ago after trying to 'do it alone" for several months on this site (didn't work), and found a couple supportive and encouraging 'pals". Feel free to add me :) We can support each other, you in metric, and me in customary units of measure, it's all good! Marsha from the State of Delaware, USA
  • msmarieann
    Options
    I'm a n00b as well!
    First off, welcome!! :D
    Secondly, remove all negative reinforcement from your vocabulary. You didn't fall of the wagon, you fed your body what it craves. You'll soon learn how to listen to your body and respond.

This site is really helpful, it's been 6 days for me and I really like it.
    Feel free to add me up as a friend - us Canadians gotta stick together ;)

Ultimately, you're already on the up and up. Don't sweat the small stuff like a kilo here and there, focus on the big picture.

TTFN
  • ktags1988
    Options
    I've only been here for 15 days. Feel free to add me :)
  • linnealavell
    Options
    Welcome. You will have a great support system here. Best of luck.
  • beyersar40
    beyersar40 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have been here for awhile and would love some more motivated friends!