Decent lunch ready meals

Options
I am trying to cut down on carbs and up my protein and I am looking for something that is good for that for lunch. I tend to make my own, but there are days when I can't and I don't want to binge!

I don't want the usual sandwiches, wraps or salads because they are high in fat and sugar. The low fat ones are massively high in salt.

Is there anything others find works well?

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I know you said no wraps but there are some good low carb ones for sandwiches.

Like I tell people for breakast ideas, think outside the mealtime box. Just because it's lunch time doesn't mean you can't have breakfast foods or dinner leftover. How about making a big batch of some dish you'd normally have for dinner and pack the leftovers? Or how about some hard boiled eggs, a chunk of cheese and some chicken?
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    For a quick lunch I mix a tin of tuna with some cheese triangles (laughing cow style) - I don't like mayo and put it on a bed of rocket (arugula) and sliced tomatoes. Takes about 1min to make.

Soup and a side of protein e.g. cheese or lean meats.
  • jamesyp21
    Options
    I know about home made ones, it's shop bought things that I find difficult. I can't just buy a sandwich, or a pastry.
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I like tuna with medium salsa on top wrapped in lettuce instead of bread. Yummy!
  • Chopshopcop
    Chopshopcop Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    1 slice of lean roast beef, 1 lettuce leaf, 1/3 of Laughing Cow cheese wedge, 2 olives (kalmata or pimento stuffed), roll like a burrito & secure w/toothpick. X 3. Refrigerate till hungry.

Sashimi and miso soup.

3 deviled eggs & pre-cooked steak strips

Frozen mussels in red sauce

Tuna pouch, w/sliced kosher dill or... tuna pouch, cup of brown Minute rice and heaping tbs of mango-habanero salsa...you'll never notice the rice

Chicken liver pate' w/celery sticks, carrots, etc

Hummus w/veggies

Grilled prosciutto wrapped asparagus

These are all things I have taken for lunch...portion to your liking