~*~*~ Come motivate, and be motivated~*~*~

Options
Hey, I am Kurtney and I am new to this. I want people to talk to on here who have reached their goal, still achieving their goal, and who have just started. I am still achieving my goal but i have lost around 30 pounds so far. I am 21 and have always been over weight since I can remember. I would love people to talk to and to help motivate me also so I can do the same back. :)

Replies

• ShallaLovee
    ShallaLovee Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hi, Kurtney welcome to MFP. I'm Shalla. I too have been overweight, since I was like 7 or 8. I'm still working on achieving my goals and I would love to be apart of your support team! Good luck to you in your journey and I'm sure you'll love the accountability and support you get here.
  • bdubois63
    bdubois63 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Well Miss Kurtney, I have been at this since April 1, 2012....and have lost 51 lbs... I am an 'old' 49....BUT I have daughters that are 27 and 21....so I am pretty sure I could be a pal if you wanted me......and just for the record, the lady at the bank thinks my 27 yr old is my sister!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • ohkurt
    ohkurt Posts: 11
    Options
    Well nice to meet you both! I am so happy people are actually talking to me on here! Ha I just recently joined this, and I am excited to be losing weight. I mean just losing 1 pound is exciting for me... since i have always been over 300 lbs since i can remember. but its going away slowly! :)
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Hi ^_^ I'm Sam and I am 21 too (: Always been overweight/ chubby. I started sometime last year but October was when I got serious, since then I have lost 40 lbs. This site is great to find encouragement, advice and recipes ^_^ LAtely I am in definite need of motivation >_<
  • terais2blessed
    Options
    Hi, My name is Tera I hope we can be friends I too have been over weight for quite some time. I lost 5 1/2 years ago before getting married and got comfortable and gain it back not all but enough
  • ohkurt
    Options
    Well hi everyone! I didnt think this would get so much attention! :D well its nice having so many ages are variety of peopel here. :)
  • BRANN80
    BRANN80 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello. (:

I'm 24 years old & I am right there with ya on being over weigh for most of my life and I have a very long & hard road in front of me to lose weight and to be healthy. GOOD LUCK and add me as a friend. (:

Remember, don't focus on the destination focus on the joy of this journey you're on!

Brandie
  • ohkurt
    Options
    ok! I added you!
  • BRANN80
    BRANN80 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Jessicao33
    Jessicao33 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I would love to help and talk with u and go with u on this pounds once loss...
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add! Never too many supporters/motiviators!
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Well to have true variety you need to have at least one guy in your thread. :). And at 55 I think I get age honor too. I am lucky in that I have never been real over weight, but could still stand to drop 10 pounds. My weakness is my diet, I do really well on the exercise part. Good thing too or I sure would have a lot of extra weight.

And 30 pounds is terrific! Going slow I best too. Great job!! Feel free to addif you like
  • DexterDarko
    Options
    I've been working on this since September 10, nice to meet you, it's good to have such motivated people here.
  • ohkurt
    Options
    ok cool! :)