Tattoos and other forms of motivation

Options
Just wondering what other people do to "remind" themselves of bigger days (as if you ever REALLY forget being...well, fat)
When I dropped 40 lbs I tattooed my highest weight (well...to be truthful, the highest weight I ever saw on a scale. Looking at pictures, I'm sure there were times I was much larger) to my right wrist - you know, the one I use to put the fork to my mouth at every meal? Yeah...that one...I have to say, it does the trick sometimes when I want to eat that piece of cake (okay, usually I still eat the cake...but when I've already eaten my small piece and go to take a bite out of a bigger piece)

I also have "temperature check" suit pants that I know when they're snug something needs to be done soon....

205_zps2aa14fba.jpg

Replies

• korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of pants that are the same thing for me, I periodically pull them on and see if I am gaining, loosing or staying the same. They are 6s and give me muffin top. If they don't go over the hips and zip then I am gaining, If I can zip them I am staying the same when they no longer give me muffin top I will be at goal!
  • phatnotfat81
    Options
    That's a great idea...and a good spot to put it in so that you're constantly reminded....As for me, I just look at that "fat" pic..the one I really hate, lol...
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    II = 2
    V= 5
    What is an N?
  • Dawson2381
    Dawson2381 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    N=0....or at least there's one documented roman numeral where it's noted...I took a bit of liberty, and I know what it is...
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    i wanna get angel wings on my back when i get to my goal weight!

i just gotta get some courage while im at it! lol!
  • Dawson2381
    Options
    That's a great idea...and a good spot to put it in so that you're constantly reminded....As for me, I just look at that "fat" pic..the one I really hate, lol...

Oh man....I have a few of those - one on the fridge, I used to keep them on the back of my door but figured I didn't want everyone else to see them too....
  • Dawson2381
    Options
    i wanna get angel wings on my back when i get to my goal weight!

i just gotta get some courage while im at it! lol!

It hurts but it's a finite amount of pain...it's a good idea and when you get to your goal, you'll have had enough time to realize whether you still want it or not!
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    WHEN...notice I said when and not if...I get to 150 pounds I am going to get my whole left shoulder tattooed. I am going to put gladiolas and butterflies on there. The gladiola is the flower for the month of August and I was born in August and my daughter suggested I put the butterflies in there to add another element to the tattoo. I have 45 pounds to go.
  • Dawson2381
    Options
    WHEN...notice I said when and not if...I get to 150 pounds I am going to get my whole left shoulder tattooed. I am going to put gladiolas and butterflies on there. The gladiola is the flower for the month of August and I was born in August and my daughter suggested I put the butterflies in there to add another element to the tattoo. I have 45 pounds to go.
    Great job - a tattoo shouldn't be anything just "thrown" together...trust me! So 45lbs to think about it is a great idea...and it sounds like you've put some thought into it. Maybe have it designed now and have a photo of it on your fridge, or on your phone, for some motivation!