Clif Bars? Not anymore, thanks!

Options
So I was going through part of nightly calm-down routine, which involves browsing Reddit. Then appears these pictures. Now, I used to work for the demo company that's contracted by Sam's Club to pass out samples and info and whatnot. I've had Clif Bars; every kind that they sell at SC. They were pretty good. But after seeing these two pictures, I will NEVER go near another Clif Bar again. According to the person who posted it, this bar was new and completely sealed. (Oh, and I hope this post comes out right, I've never posted pics on MFP before!)

EDIT: Fixed! Sorry these are kind of out of whack; couldn't get imgur to give me the correct codes so I had to improvise. The individual links are below, the external URL to both is: http://imgur.com/a/LMVxf#K2EEj

K2EEjh.jpg
NJocZh.jpg

Replies

• GSCPostBaby
    GSCPostBaby Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Mother of God . . . . . .

THIS is why I eat whole foods.
  • ninjacakegirl
    ninjacakegirl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Mother of God . . . . . .

THIS is why I eat whole foods.

I had tried them while giving out samples so I could tell people what they taste like...I guess I got lucky!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Gross! Can't stand those bars anyway!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hasty generalization...
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Nearly every processed food and even fresh foods will at one time or another have something in them that doesn't belong.
  • drewbird911
    drewbird911 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Extra protein !
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Hasty generalization...

Yes. Infestation happens from time to time...You just don't always find out about it. Cliff bars rock!
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    ooo extra protein
  • rox2112
    rox2112 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If that's the worst thing you can find in food, you're lucky. I don't eat/buy/support things because of the way a company verbally stands on certain issues - not because of what is OCCASIONALLY found in foods. Hell, a beak was found in a chicken nugget but it wasn't mine so.... bring on the Cliff Bars!
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I eat Clif Protein bars nearly every day....love em...never had a bad experience.

But that does suck it happened to you.
  • Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I used to work for a spice company. They take pride in the fact that their product is not heat treated or irradiated in anyway. But after working there I WANT my spices heat treated. It doesn't matter what company you use they all basically get their spices from the same places. And most of those places are third world countries with no health standards. We had this huge Jar we called the goody jar. It was were we put the "goodies" that we found while we were hand packing the spices from the big burlap bags they came in into the little pots we sold them in. We would find cigarette butts, bird feathers, dead snails, dead bugs, and various other things that we couldn't even identify. We would just pick it out and keep packing, so gross. I finally quit when they made cooking classes mandatory. They wanted us to be able to tell our customers exactly what products taste good with certain meats or vegtables. There was no way I was going to put that in my mouth.
  • ohnoetry
    ohnoetry Posts: 129
    Options
    In an effort to eat cleaner, I bought Larabars--three ingredients all of which are pronounceable! :)
  • anaboneana
    anaboneana Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    23g of sugar?! *kitten* that. i'd rather have a candy bar.