LUNCH MENU IDEAS?? DINING OUT...

Options
Please help... if anyone can give ideas or suggestions about making good choices for LUNCH. Dining out most of the time; for low calorie/fat??????

:-)

Replies

• Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I go out alot and would love to hear peoples suggestions. Applebees has those meal options under 550 calories now
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Soups (nothing cream based)
    Salad bar (don't use salad dressing though and beware of the crutons)
    Pass on the bread/rolls (I know, they are tasty but don't eat them)
    Stick with proteins (grilled if possible-and avoid things that are basted)
    Hope this helps.
  • jen201
    Options
    Drink a full glass of water before the meal comes. A lot of menu have a healthy choice section. I usually try for a fish entre and salad.
  • lynnie30
    lynnie30 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    There are times where I still have pasta or a burger but I cut everything in half and pack it up right away. Other times I order salads or soups or have a large meal for lunch and a smaller for dinner.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    There are times where I still have pasta or a burger but I cut everything in half and pack it up right away. Other times I order salads or soups or have a large meal for lunch and a smaller for dinner.

Thats a good idea to just pack it up and get it out of sight. Do you eat the other half for another meal or do you just throw it away?
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I think these days restaurants even fast food chains are making it easier for calorie watchers... but beware of the sodium!! That's the one that kicks ya in the butt... or hangs on to it, lol.

www.healthydiningfinder.com

very helpful, I know there's other websites similar.

Good luck!
  • MirandaJayne
    MirandaJayne Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I do that too! Def ask when you order to have them pack half of it up right away. yes they may look at you funny, but you can look at yourself and know that you are making healthy decisions for yourself.
  • lynnie30
    lynnie30 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I take it home and offer it to my husband lol....but if he says "no" I immediately throw it away. I rather waste the food / money than ruin progress.
  • aprilm_1983
    aprilm_1983 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    THANKS;.... these are great ideas!

I have been wanting to try the applebees 550 calorie dinners! :-) I plan on it this week.

BUT more like fast food places; during lunch!
    I have done Wendys a lot; small chili and a side salad ( either diet coke or water or both)

But I'm tired of that
  • arleneboles
    Options
    There are so many different kinds of lettuce's now on the produce counter, and fresh leaf spinach. Try changing up salads,,
    Fresh leaf spinachWashed and drained, shake in culindar til about dry)
    Fresh Fruit Strawberries (cut into chunks)
    "Steak and shake" Lite Raspberry Vinagarette ( just a bit to toss and flavor)

Put this together the night before and store in a very tight container in the refrig.
    Take with you to lunch the following day..
    Keeps well for a few days,,,
    Fresh and yummy.

Adding cut up fruit to a lettuce salad changes it from an everyday salad to a treat
    using a light vinagarette with fresh fruit will enhance the flavors,,but only just a touch of vinagarette,,,or even just a spritz of lemon juice
  • blonide
    Options
    Depending where you are going, you can always find chicken on the menu.. sandwhich or entree, and get a side of veggies (no butter sauce though)..sometime i order a chicken sandwhich, no cheese and then ditch the bread and have that with a side of veggies...

be careful of dressings and sides, they kill!
  • canadagirl79
    Options
    I think these days restaurants even fast food chains are making it easier for calorie watchers... but beware of the sodium!! That's the one that kicks ya in the butt... or hangs on to it, lol.

www.healthydiningfinder.com

very helpful, I know there's other websites similar.

Good luck!

OMG, i totally wish I had NOT gone to this site...when i checked what my calorie intake should be, it told me MORE than what i'm doing now...i'm doing just over 1200 and that site tells me i should be doing over 2300...yikes...i think i'll stick with what i've been doing for the last month..it has been working so far anyway