Unhelpful friends

Options
Ok, I recently had my 365th day on MFP.

I try to respond on most of my friends posts on here - I have 30 friends,

However, after being on here for A YEAR, I would have expected a bit more acknowledgement than I got from so called friends.
I got 6 responses.

Therefore, I am going to decimate my friends list because I need as much help as I feel I give - every day.

I wish you all well and have no regrets from friending you in the first place but, I need more......

John

Replies

• KimmyD_1014
    Options
    You do give, John, every single day. You are a treasured friend :) I am sorry about the others who did not post, but having them gone from your list, means more attention for me! :)
  • kini324
    kini324 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I just want to say congrats on hitting 365 consecutive days. That's awesome! Sorry people on here weren't supportive!
  • kldandjad
    kldandjad Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the amazing accomplishment, both with your loss and your logging!
  • Iron_Maiden
    Iron_Maiden Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    That is discouraing & I understand your feelings. Congrats on your HUGE milestone! Clean slate - Onward & upward!
  • AnnaMC1977
    Options
    365? Wow! That's a LOT of commitment! Congratulations and Happy 365th!
  • Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Gratz on making it to a major accomplishment! Best wishes on your journey! Namaste.... :flowerforyou:
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Congrats! thats a lot of dedication there!!

sometimes you either gotta give it time...or just find new friends that are naturally motivating.
  • Meg177
    Meg177 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Yup if people aren't going to be supportive in return they are just using your energy you could put to better use elsewhere.
  • brennsie
    Options
    Awe, I'm sorry your friends weren't more supportive. Congratulations though, that's an amazing accomplishment! :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    Well, that should teach them.
  • spersephone
    spersephone Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    See, I'm not reaching out for friends because I'm doing this for me, no-one else. I don't need others to make sure I'm accountable, I'm accountable to myself. So I have a couple of friends, one because she asked and I thought why not, and one because I know her from another forum we're both members of.

But I don't go stalking them every day and comment on everything they do, I feel like that's being really nosy.

I have also seen posts that I totally disagree with, like someone who's consistently eating way under their net calories and doing heaps of exercise, while eating really boring packaged foods day in, day out, and I feel as though they're never going to be able to keep that up, they'll be binging at some point. On these same posts, are people going "way to go!". And I totally don't agree. So I keep quiet.

I wish you well, but remember you don't need anyone else, they're just a bonus. It's all about you and no-one else. It's your journey.
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    If we were friends I would have given you a shout out.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Sorry you were hurt. Way to go on 365! Thats a big one! :flowerforyou:
  • Roderunr
    Roderunr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I appreciate my friends on here and love it when I get a comment or post...actually, I look forward to it!! I'm also doing this for ME but it sure helps to have supportive friends, a pat on the back the odd time and a hand to help pick me up when I fall.

That's what friends are for...
    Feel free to add me :)

AND a BIG congratulations on 365 days!!! WOW, what an accomplishment!! :drinker: Cheers
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    6 is better than 0.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Don't judge specifically on today's post. Sometimes people just miss things.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    happy 365th first of all. secondly, i actually just deleted 10 of my 55 friends today because of this. if you arent supportive, especially if you are being supportive of others, im deleting you. also if you arent on here at all. also i deleted friends of friends because they arent. some people are just friend *kitten* and the more the have i guess the better they feel. congrats again.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    365! That is awesome!!! I am impressed~ Great work on consistantly taking control of your health!

(sorry the folks on your list didn't cheer you on your big day)
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Congrats on logging for a whole year! I have noticed people who want support, but don't seem to want to give it in return. This pal thing is supposed to be a two way street, so find people who will give you the support you need and want. Again, congrats!