Late Night

Options
I am working really hard this month to ATTACK the little things that have been holding me back. I started the "down with desserts and liquor" and that is going to make a huge difference for me.

All of the years of drinking in the evening trained my body to expect snacking in the evening. I haven't done it for several days, but I really really really want to make not eating after dinner my way of life.

So what techniques have you used to stop the late night eating? I need an arsenal of ideas to make sure I can stick to this.

Down with late night snacking! haha

Replies

• Starbuck2020
    Starbuck2020 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    bumb?
  • Fnarkk
    Fnarkk Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am not sure, I usually always eat something at night, but instead of sweets, I grab something crunchy (carrotts, beans, frozen veggies etc) and water (with ice and lemon) or suchlike. I used to make some serious desssert type things (I loved to experiment with unusual desserts for my wife and family), but the above crunchy things have been doing it for me for a year or so now (though my wife and kids were mostly sad to see the experiments go...Mostly). REALLY sucked at first but after awhile it just became the norm. It's kind of hard to remember why I liked all that other stuff in the first place; most are quite horrid. As for liquor, I have 4 kids in single digits and it takes way to long to sober up after drinking -I don't trust them not to break something or get into anything while I am occupied- so I haven't drank since New Years. Now if you'll excuse me, my son just ran up out of the blue and told me he didn't do it *sigh* :tongue: .
  • Starbuck2020
    Starbuck2020 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    haha I know how that goes :)

I feel like eating anything would be a slippery slope for me. Like sometimes eating makes me more hungry if that makes sense and it could turn into a bag of chips or something. yikes.
  • Fnarkk
    Fnarkk Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Maby lots of water then..... running often to the bathroom is certain to burn off a few calories right? heh. Actually, seriously, I crunch on ice if I really need to or keep myself occupied with a project... Hopping on this sight seems to help as well. Reading/ chatting/ looking at success stories tends to keep me honest. OH, and recently I started checking out edX.org, free online courses from different colleges. Keeps my mind busy.
  • DexterDarko
    Options
    Dinner is usually my biggest meal because I try my best to hit my goals at that time, so that keeps me for the night. But I also start drinking most of my water when I exercise before dinner, and into the night to before I go to sleep. It keeps me satisfied.
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Sparkling water.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    maybe if anything have some fruit?