Maintenance Help!!

Options
Hey guys I am at my goal weight 50kg (110lbs) and my height is 161cm (5"3)
I am looking to maintain my weight now and I have been eating around 1200-1400 calories a day for a while and I have very slowly lost on this number to get to my current weight.
I recalculated my stats for maintenance and it came up as this:

Lightly-Active:
BMR: 1249
TDEE: 1718
TDEE-10%: 1550

The question is should I just jump straight to 1700 calories or should I increase slowly? how should I go about doing this and what may I expect because I feel like eating on this amount I will gain the weight back because I have lost slowly on low numbers. I exercise 2 and a half hours a week doing mostly boxing or weight training and a body pump class once a week.

Thanks! I just want to make sure I do everything right:)

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i upped my cals 100 per week till i stopped losing. if u do it gradually you are less likely to have an initial gain.

enjoy the extra food!!!
  • teez52
    teez52 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The more important thing is to make sure you're not over 7 * 1700 = 11,900cal at the end of the week. As for increasing your calories, I would do it slowly and keep an eye on your weight for a few weeks/months and find where you're true maintenance is at since everyone's body is different, you may still be losing a slight bit of weight at 1700 and be at maintenance around 1800 or vise versa. The only way to really know is to slowly increase and keep tracking your food/weight so you know for sure what works for you!

Congrats on the weightloss and enjoy the extra calories that I can't have yet!
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    In maintenance myself, and increased gradually. Worked for a month and then I started losing again, so I've upped again. I'd suggest adding 100-150 calories per day and see how that goes. If you don't stabilize, then in a couple of weeks, add a little more.

Congratulations on reaching your goal!
  • skyhealth
    skyhealth Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    So are saying it is better to increase 100 calories per week or are you saying add 100 calories to each day of the week so I eat an extra 700 calories by the end of the week?
  • skyhealth
    skyhealth Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Add 100-150/week IMO.