recipes for a pescevegan?

Options
By the way a pescevegan is a vegan who eats fish. So no poultry, meat, or dairy. I heard the term while I was working today and thought it was funny haha, But I'm having trouble thinking of recipes. I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions.

Thanks!

Replies

• Sogj76
    Sogj76 Posts: 21
    Options
    I had one today for lunch. Kale, white beans and anchovies, sauteed in canola oil, season as you like.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I don't know how someone can include vegan in their title if they eat animals.

*braces for attack*
  • elishazf
    elishazf Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    yeah I realized it was kinda stupid after I posted it. Hopefully people realise it's just a funny name I heard that I thought I'd share. Believe me I'm braced for attack haha
  • Jester522
    Jester522 Posts: 392
    Options
    By the way a pescevegan is a vegan who eats fish. So no poultry, meat, or dairy. I heard the term while I was working today and thought it was funny haha, But I'm having trouble thinking of recipes. I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions.

Thanks!

pescevegan = oxymoron
    Haha. OK as long as you see the irony.

But this omnivore would love some fish recipies. Especially flounder and salmon.
  • Laurej
    Laurej Posts: 227
    Options
    sushi :)
    roasted salmon and water sauteed veggies
    baked salt crust cod with rosemary lime and garlic ( oh and use pureed flax seed instead of egg whites for salt crust)
    grilled Chilean sea bass with marinated mushrooms and grilled asparagus
    steamed lobbies with a lemon garlic aioli
    shrimp sauteed in grape seed oil, lime chili flakes and garlic
    grilled rainbow trout for the fresh water lovers paired with some steamed broccoli carrots and zucchini
    wow, I could go on 4 days hopefully some of these help :wink:
  • elishazf
    Options
    haha yeah irony and oxymorons always amused me. I was hoping other people would find it amusing too.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Take some vegetables and a piece of fish, put it all into a pan and cook it until it's hot. Enjoy my awesome "pescevegan" recipe.
  • elishazf
    Options
    baked salt crust cod with rosemary lime and garlic
    grilled rainbow trout for the fresh water lovers paired with some steamed broccoli carrots and zucchini

Wow thanks!
  • Jester522
    Jester522 Posts: 392
    Options
    baked salt crust cod with rosemary lime and garlic

All virtually zero carb (minus sushi) awesome thanks.

Tonight I had sashimi tuna steak in sherry wine/curry sauce with my own sesame wasabi mayo over a bed of spinach and sauteed red onion with garlic garnished with cilantro and ginger.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    yeah I realized it was kinda stupid after I posted it. Hopefully people realise it's just a funny name I heard that I thought I'd share. Believe me I'm braced for attack haha

I heard it on the forums recently. Someone said they were a "vegan who eats fish". People are so special.
  • Laurej
    Laurej Posts: 227
    Options
    All virtually zero carb (minus sushi) awesome thanks.

Tonight I had sashimi tuna steak in sherry wine/curry sauce with my own sesame wasabi mayo over a bed of spinach and sauteed red onion with garlic garnished with cilantro and ginger.
    [/quote]

wow! and yours sounds absolutely amazing as well! :) Thx 4 the idea!!!:wink:
  • elishazf
    Options

I heard it on the forums recently. Someone said they were a "vegan who eats fish". People are so special.

haha yeah they are. the other day I heard someone refer to themselves as an angtheist.