Check on my diary.....I cant break this 2 year long plateau

Options
CHECK OUT my food diary. Yes I know I drank a lot of beer on Sunday and Mondays (kickball)...I have tried cutting out all alcohol before and it didn't help.

Everyone says I need to eat more but I am not hungry.......I am going to try drinking a protein shake in the morning with breakfast?? maybe?

You input is most welcomed. I would also love suggestions on different food to eat.

Thanks in advance :-)

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Where's the veggies?? Lots of processed foods. I'd try eating less processed foods and more veggies and see if that helps.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    2 years? it looks like you need to look into the EM2WL group and do a "metabolism reset" and then try cutting down to start losing. seriously look into it, it could change your life.
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    how tall are you?
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I vote for cooking more of your own meals and stop eating fast food and boxed foods so much. I also see next to no fruits and veggies. Alot of people say that you lose weight with having just a deficit, but that's not always the case. Sometimes it's the quality of those calories that have a huge impact on how/if you lose. And after 2 years, you don't think you need a diet overhaul?
  • eldrith1399
    Options
    Didn't look closely enough.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    CHECK OUT my food diary. Yes I know I drank a lot of beer on Sunday and Mondays (kickball)...I have tried cutting out all alcohol before and it didn't help.

Everyone says I need to eat more but I am not hungry.......I am going to try drinking a protein shake in the morning with breakfast?? maybe?

So are you thinking that a deficit bigger than the 1000 MFP already put in there would be better?
    I notice you don't usually eat back exercise calories.

So since your method failed, and you are eating at maintenance level right now for your level of exercise, ready to make a change?

Use this spreadsheet linked in this topic, and the group the topic is in, to move forward and benefit from your workouts.

Suggest increasing calories 100 per day for a week. Then another 100 another week, ect.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/717858-spreadsheet-bmr-tdee-and-deficit-calcs-macros-hrm

of course you aren't hungry, your stomach has shrunk and your metabolism has obviously slowed down.

Protein shake before bed would be better for ya.

Just remember, you feeling full has no bearing on your body being fed fully.
  • rachelshead
    Options
    idk what you do for exercises? But if it's minimal kick it up a notch!!! or 3 :) Try out P90X it's great for at home and you can modify moves until you're stronger. Or if you like to leave the house and go to the gym so you can focus and not get distracted (that's what i like to do) get a trainer or just look up strength exercises before you go and start doing them along with cardio.

My mom used to pack a gym bag in her car when she was getting in shape and go straight after work because if she came home first and relaxed she would never get up and go.

As regards to you're diet, it seems you do pretty well for breakfast (kashi and yogurt)
    But try for more natural stuff. When getting yogurt check the carbs and sugar because some flavored yogurts have alot! There's one brand called "Carbmaster" I believe has half the carbs its not as smooth but good for diets.
    Try and cut out salt as well. You can't cut it all out because salt is sneaky, but if you cook never add it.
    Way more veggies too and fruit. Try eating snacks during the day (banana, apple and peanut butter) small things like that to keep your metabolism up throughout the day.

Hope this helps :) sorry it's long don't want to leave anything out.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    You may not be eating enough - especially on days that you are exercising heavily. There was one day where you had eaten a total of 1300 calories, but you had also burned 700 through exercise (which you didn't eat back.) That's a huge deficit...it's like netting 600 for the day. If you aren't hungry enough to eat food and a protein shake with breakfast will help you add calories, then I say go for it. Good luck! :flowerforyou:

ETA: Your pic = :laugh:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    You have great calorie intakes...

:huh: I disagree.
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    You have great calorie intakes...

:huh: I disagree.

Exactly.

OP you are barely netting 600 cal some days. If you don't want to eat then be happy with your wight as it is. Your body is saying enough is enough I'm not letting go of any more because you are punishing me. Stop punishing your body and it might start being nice to you.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    It looks like you are not eating enough. When you do this for extended periods of time, metabolism slows down and sometimes hunger goes away. Pick a day this weekend to intentionally overeat 2xbmr. How much do you weigh?
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Where's the veggies?? Lots of processed foods. I'd try eating less processed foods and more veggies and see if that helps.

system hiccup
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

Yes - WAY too much processed foods, boxed foods, quick-fix prepared foods, etc.

You are willingly making poor food choices for yourself here.... If you can get rid of all the fast food, processed food, etc, you will do a much better service to your body.

You are not eating enough real foods at all, in fact your calories are extremely poor. You should be meeting the daily minimum requirements and that doesnt mean 600 calories per day... in fact your plateau is because of these poor choices...

Embrace the 'rabbit' food... have real chicken, not Chik-fil-a, make your own homemade macaroni-cheese, and not Kraft.
  • fanomy
    fanomy Posts: 10
    Options
    OP, you NEED more!!

You're not getting enough of ANYTHING!

You need more carbs, protein & fat. If need be prepare in advance the food & the remainder to eat it.

At first it would be hard, since your stomach is not used to it, so make sure you have carbs in every meal. It will make you hungry.

& for g0&% sake, stop looking at the scale, look at the mirror, & your clothes. a person can be heavy & not be remotely fat. muscle is heavier than fat. Remember.
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    stop the 10pm snacks and eat these earlier in the day. your metabolism is slowing down at this time
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
  • blueeyedangelar
    blueeyedangelar Posts: 119 Member
    Options

i actually thought I was doing pretty good with my food choices minus Monday nights, but after looking over it again I can see that I am not doing as well as I thought.

I thought the ceareal I was having in the morning was good but it is processed so maybe I will focus on fruit and hard boiled eggs? Would that is a better choice? but in doing that I am missing out on fiber....LOL
    Whats a good breakfast chioce was protein and fiber?
  • blueeyedangelar
    Options
    2 years? it looks like you need to look into the EM2WL group and do a "metabolism reset" and then try cutting down to start losing. seriously look into it, it could change your life.

I actually just joined that group last night. I will check into a reset.

• blueeyedangelar
    Options
    how tall are you?

I am 5' 3 3/4"
  • blueeyedangelar
    Options
    I vote for cooking more of your own meals and stop eating fast food and boxed foods so much. I also see next to no fruits and veggies. Alot of people say that you lose weight with having just a deficit, but that's not always the case. Sometimes it's the quality of those calories that have a huge impact on how/if you lose. And after 2 years, you don't think you need a diet overhaul?

Thank you .....I actually thought I was doing good, but I am starting to see that I am not......I will defintally do that!