Water intake

Options
1. How do you feel when you drink at least 8 glasses of water each day?
2. How do you feel when you drink less than 8 glasses or no water each day?
Thanks!

Replies

• almalaurathomas
    Options
    I can drink about 4 water bottles a day (8 glasses) and I don't know about anyone else, but I feel MORE hungry when I drink so much water! When I drink 2 water bottles and sip here and there, I find myself to be LESS hungry? My friend said because "the water is expanding my stomach" but I don't really think that is true. I don't know WHY. But that works for me! I am 4 ft 8 145 pounds. I am NEVER thirsty, so I have to force myself to drink what I do drink.
  • moopity
    moopity Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I typically drink a lot more than 8 glasses a day -- sometimes even 13 or 14 glasses a day. I get incredibly thirsty if I don't. I'm 5'5" and 110 pounds.
  • opajee
    opajee Posts: 69
    Options
    It depends on how active I am that day or if I'm out in the hot weather.

I can easily down a liter of water in a hot afternoon walking around town. On a normal day I usually get two liters of water in a 12 hour span if I always have my bottle with me. I find myself drinking more if it's around even if I'm not thirsty.

In general though:
    1) I don't know how to explain it. I don't feel as heavy and sluggish if I drink a lot of water.
    2) I'm more sleepy/slugish and over compensate the next morning by drinking too much in a short amount of time.
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    My water intake has sucked for the past week or so and I feel sluggish. When I DO get lots of water in, I usually feel great, energized, & my joints dont hurt as bad. Gotta get back on the water wagon for sure. Thnx for the light bulb!
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I feel normal when I drink 8 glasses of water or more in a day. I get headachy, bloated and *****y if I don't.

Editing to say that I didn't know MFP would automatically censor that word. Think female dog with a "y" on the end. Synonyms include irritable, cranky, grouchy, crabby and generally a pain to be around.
  • stepheatscake
    stepheatscake Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I haven't ever stuck with it long enough to notice a definite difference, but the first few days are annoying as you always have to run to the bathroom. Your skin looks nicer and you do feel good, it also helps control hunger. You'll feel super bloated at first and then after a few days that will fix itself. You start to crave water and if you have GOOD quality water, it tastes so good :) Avoid icy water, make sure it's closer to room temperature.
  • avalily
    avalily Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Honestly, no different. But I force myself to drink water anyway, on the assumption there is some benefit.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I only started drinking around 3 litres of water a day recently, maybe 4 weeks ago.

Since then I eat less, my skin is positively glowing (I actually haven't worn foundation for a week) and I get really thirsty now.

If I don't, I get hungry and I get headaches.

On the down side, I am racing to the toilet every 15 minutes and my work colleagues think I have cystitis.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I drink more water while I'm at work so on the weekends I feel a bit more tired but sometimes, it's not as noticeable than others. It depends how much I run as well as what I eat, if it's food my boyfriend and I make, I feel ok, if we go out somewhere or to his parents for dinner, then I feel more tired and I can tell I need more water
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I drink water like it's my job. I ususally have between 120-170 oz daily, on average. If I have a day where I don't drink that much - it's not pretty. I am tired, I have no energy, and I get cranky - and I feel like I am dying of thirst.

And this is coming from someone who used to have *maybe* one serving of water a day, but could drink my body weight in Mt. Dew.
  • lustergirl
    lustergirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My water intake has sucked for the past week or so and I feel sluggish. When I DO get lots of water in, I usually feel great, energized, & my joints dont hurt as bad. Gotta get back on the water wagon for sure. Thnx for the light bulb!

this. I have been major slacking and I can tell a difference. My feet are a little swollen and I feel sluggish. Time to up the dose for sure.
  • MillyPoo125
    Options
    I aim for AT LEAST 8 glasses but try for 12. I don't feel hungry during the day and my skin glows! When I don't drink that much I feel dehydrated and my skin feels dry.