Women - Any Makeup/Fashion Tips?

mgobluetx12
mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
So now that I'm losing weight, I want to focus on looking better overall. I am hopeless when it comes to makeup and I practically live in jeans and tshirts. What would your top makeup, hair or fashion tips be for someone like me? Thank you in advance!

Replies

• Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    dont plaster and pile your make up on.
    less is more!

skinnyjeans are easier to tuck into youre boots.

when straightening your hair,do it in layers. it looks better.

lol! i go to cosmotology school,bring on the questions if i dont know,i can sure find out! lol

/
    oh,and look on pinterst. theres alot of hairstyles..it tells you how to do them as well as makeup tipS AND outfit idea's.
  • Well I can't see you honey but the basics apply to everyone.

Go to a good hairdresser and ask for a consultation
    Don't go too short, length gives versatility.
    Start gently with make up, a little mascara, blusher and lip gloss
    Change your clothes style gradually :-
    A shirt or pretty top rather than a t shirt
    Change your style/colour of jeans
    Add heels
    Try some accessories, scarves, jewellery, belts etc
    Take a good honest friend and try stuff on, you don't have to buy it
    Google what not to wear, it gives you 'rules' for your body shape
    If skirts/dresses feel too girly to start with try them with leggings and boots

Most of all, enjoy it, dressing your new/changing body is the most fun

Good luck :)
  • DaphneAtx
    DaphneAtx Posts: 153
    Wear sunscreen every single day. Find a good, moisturizing lipstick and wear it!
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Read "Making Faces" by Kevyn Aucoin. It is my makeup bible.

Also, watching "What Not To Wear" is actually very educational. They talk a lot about the ingredients of a great outfit and about finding a fit that flatters your shape.

Youtube also has a wealth of hair and makeup information.

Also, since you don't usually wear makeup, start simple. Wear neutral colors that work with your coloring (browns, pinks, peaches, creams, etc.). Avoid bold colors because if it is done wrong it can look sloppy and unflattering.
  • DaphneAtx
    DaphneAtx Posts: 153
    bump
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Thanks everyone. I will definitely look into that book. I own eye shadow, I just am not really sure where to put what. I haven't tried looking on YouTube, but that is a great idea as well.

Dizzy - I do have a few pics of me in my profile. Thank you for your ideas. I have a hard time finding clothes that fit because I am plus sized and very tall. I actually do wear heels sometimes even though I'm taller than my husband.
  • You could try wearing playsuits/jumpsuits, they are so comfy and I think they look great on plus sized women :)