NSV - Running for an hour non stop !

Options
I am so proud of myself today, I completed my longest run ever yesterday.....4.8 miles, just over 70 minutes of continuous running and this from the girl who struggled to run one minute last year !

I might be very very slow but I am moving and I love running :)

Replies

• letjog
    letjog Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I remember the first time I ran for an hour as well, and how it made my quads ache. Now it seems a lot easier.
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! You must feel so good.
  • Babieseverywhere
    Babieseverywhere Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I do feel good, I just want to get back out there !
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    thats really good, i know the feeling, i am a runner too!
  • shrinking_me
    shrinking_me Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    that is fabulous!!!! I've often wondered if I could be a runner lol
  • running_mum
    running_mum Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    That gives me hope!

I have started running two weeks ago and it still very hard!

Good job!
  • manenina
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! This is great!!! Keep running!!!
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant! How do you build yourself up to that? I can't even run for a minute. Would love to know how you did it.
  • chanson104
    Options
    That is awesome!! Way to go!!
  • dgr93
    dgr93 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    well done! excellent achievement.. I love running too and managed to meet my goal of running for an hour non-stop in september and its the greatest feeling!
    running is so good for you, so its great that you enjoy it because you will most likely keep up with it :) xxx
  • Babieseverywhere
    Options
    That's brilliant! How do you build yourself up to that? I can't even run for a minute. Would love to know how you did it.
    I can not recommend enough the NHS Couch to 5k podcasts. Nine weeks of training runs, three times a week which build up from one minute of running up to running for 30 minutes solid.

Then I got pregnant did run until my sixth month and restarted when baby was 5 weeks old. Began to run outside, which is much from interesting than the treadmill. I began to do a 5k run near to home three times a week for the last 3 weeks.

Then thought I would try a longer run and thought I would be walking the last couple of miles but was pleasantly surprised :)
  • Karenvonw
    Karenvonw Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Wow fabulous job!! Such an amazing accomplishment and a great inspiration. I miss running. Hopefully someday soon my back will be better and I can start again. So proud for you!!
  • Babieseverywhere
    Options
    Wow fabulous job!! Such an amazing accomplishment and a great inspiration. I miss running. Hopefully someday soon my back will be better and I can start again. So proud for you!!
    Thank you :)

I really hope your back gets better soon, I would miss running too :(
  • amymichelle1226
    amymichelle1226 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! You should be proud! Seriously, I think the most I can do is 5 minutes without stopping! haha but I keep going out and giving it a try. Great job!!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    you are FREAKEN awesome! Congras, that's amazing!
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Thats inspiring! I started running a few months back too. My goal at first was to finish a 5K but I know I can do 3 miles so I want to do it in under 30 minutes. I'm signed up for a 5K on Nov 16th :) This from a guy it took 22 minutes to run/walk a mile just a few months ago.

Keep going, you're doing great. This post made my day!
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Great job! I can't wait till I can say that too :)
  • vlmcmullin
    Options
    Great job!!! I just recently finished my first 5k race with following the couch to 5k plan. I was never a runner before but always wondered if I could. This will inspire me to keep running and trying to go for longer distances and times.
  • jjmcahill
    jjmcahill Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow...awesome! I am doing week 5 of C25K this week and the last day I have to run 20 minutes straight and am worried about that! This gives me hope!!!!
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    Congratulations! I just did this myself for the first time this past Sunday. Ran my first 10K ever, Boom!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!