HI I'm a newbie form the UK, have a lot to lose

Options
HI I'm new to the message boards but been a mfp member since last year. I have a fair bit to lose but am hoping to make this the last time I lose weight, want to get to goal and then maintain. I lost 7 stone back in 2007 but due to my dad becoming terminally ill I got caught up in that whole comfort eating mess and gained verything I'd lost and more.

This time I am determind to get the weight off and keep it gone. I'm a mum of 3 teenage boys so they keep me fairly active but I'd like to lose the weight to be able to do more with them. It's not much fun kicking a ball about with them or playing basketball when you get worn out so quickly cos of your weight. :blushing:

Replies

• Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to it! I am also hoping this will be the last time I have to lose this weight. 7 stone gone but another 41/2 to go......
    I am in Chelmsford. Feel free to add.
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hey you,

Feel free to add me, I've been on here a while as I've got some brill pals on MFP now and the're all great and supportive.

I don't judge people or their diaries either, so i'll help in any way I can :smile:

Craig x
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!
  • Jojo42
    Jojo42 Posts: 223
    Options
    Hello Sassy ( my youngest daughter's name by the way) I'm down in Devon and have several stone to lose . My problem always seems to be life getting in the way but I'm positive and back here for the third time, please feel free to add me. Joanna
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I live in County Durham!

Add me too if you like!
  • zanielleleigh
    zanielleleigh Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I have plenty to looooooose!!!! Im in Kent.... add me!
    Im 5.4" 79kg and aiming for a 10kg weight loss by Christmas.... I try gym it everyday, and try to eat good! My diary is open so feel free to have a nose!

Speak soon!
    Zanielle
  • kramnikyad
    Options
    Hi there

I am a dad of 2 lovely kids and need to lose a fair old bit of weight myself as I want to be able to enjoy them growing up and being a fit dad not a fat dad.

I have only been on here 5 weeks but have found the support fantastic, my whole outlook is to lose the wight but to enjoy it while I am doing it.

If you fancy adding an often rambling fool then please feel free.

Mark
  • speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    feel free to add :bigsmile:
  • justajiffy
    Options
    Hi

I live in the north of Scotland, near all the dolphins and seals!

I keep the number of mfp friends low as I like to be able to support and keep up with each one.

Happy for you to add me if you think I can help.
  • tuppance
    tuppance Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I live in Wiltshire, and am not too far off my target - just need to push through a bit of (and first) plateau

MFP is a great tool for weight loss and the support is fantastic
  • persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    HI I'm new to the message boards but been a mfp member since last year. I have a fair bit to lose but am hoping to make this the last time I lose weight, want to get to goal and then maintain. I lost 7 stone back in 2007 but due to my dad becoming terminally ill I got caught up in that whole comfort eating mess and gained verything I'd lost and more.

This time I am determind to get the weight off and keep it gone. I'm a mum of 3 teenage boys so they keep me fairly active but I'd like to lose the weight to be able to do more with them. It's not much fun kicking a ball about with them or playing basketball when you get worn out so quickly cos of your weight. :blushing:

I'm near Newcastle please add me I'm on every day
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome abroad. This is a great site to be on to help with your weight loss, and the support you receive is great. I am from Sheffield so if you want to add me please feel free:bigsmile:
  • Olive32214
    Olive32214 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm from Dublin and a daily logger here, feel free to add me...
  • c2h5m8h6
    c2h5m8h6 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    hiya im charlotte i live in derbyshire in the east midlands ive lost 25 lb up to yet but got just over 4 stone to lose im on here everyday and will help in everyway i can :D feel free to add me the more friends the better
  • bertie36
    Options
    Hi all,

i used this site last year or so and lost 3st and my wife has lost 7st! it really works but you have to stick at it! i gave up and slipped into my old ways and put a lot of it back on. when i decided to loose it all again the first thing i did was set this back up!!!

being a Teessider i get a belly full of smog when i go running but i won't give up like i once did. it is great to see so many UK users - let's stick together and keep each other motivated!

feel free to add me :)
  • murmuration
    murmuration Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Morning!
    I'm from London - feel free to add me :)
  • FitFrazzle
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm from West Sussex. Feel free to add me. I'm on here daily.
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Welcome back chick. I'm Steph, live in East London. Happy to help you on your journey. I'm full of tips :)
  • FitChicFab2013
    Options
    I have 28kgs to lose, so add me if you like :)
  • Caroline1803
    Options
    Hiya! Pleease feel free to add me!

I lost 7 stone doing SW over the past couple of years but I have gained about 25 pounds of it back again this year. I could see the slippery slope ahead if I didn't get a grip and have been using MFP for the past couple of weeks and really enjoying it. I am finding this really works for me and I am far more motivated than I was before. I have about another 5 stone to lose so i will be around for a long, long time x