new here

Options
hi there..this is my first post on the boards..i have alot of weight to loose and no support to do so..today was my first day of taking the skinny fiber diet pills..so im hoping things start to look up..
ive lost 59kgs in the past but then gained 30kg during my pregnancy..i cant seem to loose it and its getting me down :(

Replies

• Ginnyesq
    Ginnyesq Posts: 109
    Options
    Welcome! I sent you a friend request. :)
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP your home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards... post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about it.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweeks over time seem to work best or at least better than butt load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We al fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support eachother
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. Its easier to lift weights than the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile. :)
    I don't wish people good luck, I never had it and don't need it! Luck doesn't get you through this... hard work does!
  • hhaffner
    hhaffner Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Apazman - excellent tips, very good advice

cheeky - I'll send you a friend request. If you like please accept and hopefully we will be able to support and keep each other on track.
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards... post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about it.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweeks over time seem to work best or at least better than butt load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We al fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support eachother
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    I don't wish people good luck, I never had it and don't need it! Luck doesn't get you through this... hard work does!

Awesome advice....

I will add these:
    Remember this is not a diet but a lifestyle change.
    I use to laugh when I heard that but now I understand..almost 600 days on MFP

Slow and steady wins the race.
    We did not get to where we are overnight so we cannot fix it overnight.
    It takes 90 days to make a habit...good to remember when it comes to exercising

Pain is only temporary!
    Another good one to remember while exercising
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    hi there..this is my first post on the boards..i have alot of weight to loose and no support to do so..today was my first day of taking the skinny fiber diet pills..so im hoping things start to look up..
    ive lost 59kgs in the past but then gained 30kg during my pregnancy..i cant seem to loose it and its getting me down :(

Never give up. I almost did too but I finally got my dream at age 50 --> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/740340-i-lost-60-lbs-at-age-51-anyone-can-any-workout and exciting things are happening in my life now --> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/752246-i-m-afraid-to-try-an-new-weight-lifting-program-now

You can do it too. It's not easy, but it can be done. Keep your eye on the prize. Ride one victory to the next keeping your eye on the prize and remembering each victory. I've proved that arthritis, low thyroid, adrenal fatigue, back pain, and mid life hormonal issues for females don't have to stop you, in fact many of those health issues go away once all the extra fat is gone. There is nothing exciting about the day to day grind of the process, but the victories are exciting when they eventually come.
  • Live4More
    Live4More Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Sent you a friend request if you'd like to accept it.
  • 7djt
    7djt Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Trying to quote this reply - Thanks!

[/quote]
  • renar23
    Options
    Great suggestions, thanks!
  • renar23
    Options

Awesome advice....

I will add these:
    Remember this is not a diet but a lifestyle change.
    I use to laugh when I heard that but now I understand..almost 600 days on MFP

Slow and steady wins the race.
    We did not get to where we are overnight so we cannot fix it overnight.
    It takes 90 days to make a habit...good to remember when it comes to exercising

Pain is only temporary!
    Another good one to remember while exercising
  • desireeanne08
    Options
    good to see another sf person . welcome :happy: