Help with tights PLEASE?!

Options
I'm going out for my friends birthday on the 15th and I want to wear my black dress with my black wedges, the only problem is, if I wea rmy black tights too, I'm going to be all black and I think it may look a bit weird.
The reason I want to wear tights is becuase I have big calfs and they are quite muscley and it makes me so conscious! AND if I'm in heels, my calf muscles show even more!
Can skin coloured tights cover this?
ANY help I will be so greatful for! Thanks :)

Replies

• lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I too have big muscular calves and I used to be self conscious about them too but not anymore. Do you know how many people would kill to have big muscular calves? Do not be ashamed of them, be proud! If you still can't bring yourself to feel that confident, perhaps a pair of gray tights would break up the black outfit a bit.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Exactly what PP said, make the most of them, you have shapely legs. I have big calves too, muscular not fat and they look great in heels!
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of the above and think you should flaunt it, but I know what it's like to feel uncomfortable.

So, I would go for the skin-coloured tights personally, but if you are really self-concious, you could wear the all black but team it with some colourful accessories, like a red belt with matching bag, etc.
  • lleelloo
    lleelloo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    they have some awesome coloured tights on welovecolours.com, although they might not mail them to you in time...

Don't worry about wearing all black though. I've pulled off that look before. Just try breaking it up with accessories - a belt, necklace etc.
  • Fenomka
    Fenomka Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I also have large calves, and though I believe too, in what LambertJ and LittleMiss said, sometimes, I like to use them to my advantage in a different way - you said it's a party, and you're wearing black and black - so I would go pick out some really fun, funky knee or thigh high socks or tights - ones with stripes or rainbows or patterns - an awesome splash of color! and TOTALLY ROCK THOSE THINGS!!! Make it a signature! Everyone at the party will totally dig your style, and instead of being ashamed of your strong physique, you'll feel totally proud of all the great attention you're getting!!!

Just remember, everything about you is beautiful because it's exactly the way you're supposed to be. We all love you for it, and you should, too!!
  • Jamiebeck02
    Options
    Why don't you wear the black tights and add some colourful (or all one colour) accessories like bracelets, necklaces and earrings?
    And add a ribbon to your hair?

One of my friends sounds a bit like you and that's what she did and we are 15 years old too.

Anyway have fun! x
  • JamieAlexandraX
    JamieAlexandraX Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Id say get your legs out. Id kill for muscular legs.
    You can get nice coloured tights so maybe a pair of purple or red or something like that.
  • meredicar
    Options
    Why not try black fishnets..small weave..so flattering.Enjoy the party.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I think head to toe black is great for an October birthday. I'd do it. But the suggestion of breaking it up with another color would be a fine choice, too. I have nice, muscular (but shapely) calves, too. They look especially good in heels and my husband loves them. Yours probably look just as good! Have fun! :flowerforyou:
  • 294Rich
    294Rich Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert on this, but from a male perspective, I think that black shoes, black tights and a black dress is absolutely fine!
  • sprocket1978
    sprocket1978 Posts: 51 Member
    Options

Totally agree, a small weave fishnet is sooooo flattering on a shapely leg!! def go for this option.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I second the fishnet option.

or go for some quirky black tights- like polka dot ones, or ones with a back seam, or coloured back seam, or bows on the heel.
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing by your use of the word 'tights' rather than 'pantyhose' that you are based in the UK?

If so, Wolford do a great selection of 'make up for your legs' tights. They're a bit pricy but worth it as they make your legs look flawless! They're available in Debenhams. I also found this link which talks about Kate Middleton's tights (!) which might give you more tips: http://katemiddletonstyle.org/how-to-get-legs-like-kate-the-easy-way/
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    I love welovecolors. Their stuff is great priced and great quality. I'm a plus size and they are beautiful!

I'd wear brights and match with accessories. I wear tonnes of black but commonly have something bright on. My favourite are my rainbow tie dye ones from there.
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options

Totally agree, a small weave fishnet is sooooo flattering on a shapely leg!! def go for this option.

^^^^^ what these ladies say! super cute with black dress and black shoes, the skin breaks it up.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    patterened tights are amazing, try house of holland/RI topshops etc, don't get thick ones though sheer 10-denier tights would be good =) if on budget give primark a go x

ps the ones with a line going up the seam at the back are so lush and sexy, definitely need calves for those ! or give stockings a go =)
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Why are the only options you are considering blake or nude? Don't they have colors and stripes and patterns in your area? That would be my pick...like black and white stripes with red hearts...or purple snakeskin print...
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options

i like this idea.

sexy and shows some va va voom!
  • SoulNeedsBeauty
    SoulNeedsBeauty Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Personally, I rock black on black every day. Especially when going out! And it doesn't look weird, just looks stylish. I vote for black tights:)
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    And if you want skin tights that make your legs look hot, go with Peavey. They the best out there. I skate in them along with most derby girls. Best.