REALLY need motivation right now

Options
Ate unhealthy all weekend, and its hasn't stopped yet.. probably like 5 days in a row of just completely horrible eating. I want to give up. Its been 7 weeks of my diet and this week has just been completely horrible due to stress from school and i feel like i have gained my weight back already and I just don't know what to do anymore. Im so discouraged. I worked so hard all month, and for what.. to gain everything back most likely. I NEED TO WANT THIS MORE than the cravings. :( Hellppppppp

yesterday me and my bf went to the movies i had 3 slices of pizza, bag of sweedish fish, bag of caramel creams, bag of pretzels, and chocolate covered raisins, and chinese food AND a bottle of diet coke which i havent had for months,..... and more food but i can't really remember.. not good. not good at all. so mad at myself and i know i shouldn't be but i can't help it.

Replies

• ar1ms
    ar1ms Posts: 98 Member
    Options
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Ummmm, You need to cleanse. If you are having that bad of cravings that you are caving and eating that much junk....seriously you need to cleanse.

You can cleanse/Detox by (you won't like it...but the results will be good):

http://www.thebestofrawfood.com/raw-food-detox.html

http://www.thebestofrawfood.com/vegetable-juice-recipes.html

Also good is to juice:

1 large cucumber
    2 large celery sticks
    a cup/handful of spinach leaves (if they are baby spinach leaves wrap them in a romaine leaf and roll them to better juice)

Another good juice is Sunshine juice:
    1 whole apple (I like Honey Crisp or Fuji
    1/2 Red bell pepper
    1/2 Orange bell pepper
    1 large carrot or 2 medium sized
    1/2 peeled lemon
    1 cup of greens (any type)

YOu can do this; start eating tons & tons of raw fresh vegetables...salad, fruit, avocado
    Toss in some seeds and nuts for protein

YOu have to WANT to do this...YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
  • skinnyjean4me
    skinnyjean4me Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    HEY! Stop beating urself up about it! You didn't put the weight on all at once did you? Well your not going to take it off in a month either! If you add me you can see my Sunday diary and see that i ate everything under the sun at Outback. but you know what it felt good to not count or worry and just enjoy. So u fell off the wagon. Well you know what you did so pick urself up and get back on it. U know u want it and u know you can do it. I'm sorry if I sound harsh but that's how i operate, tough love i tell my kids, and while ok you need to get how u feel out and never hold it in, its out you posted it so here is ur response. Its ok ur MFP friends are still here for you and we are encouraging you and we believe in you! So today is a new day and you begin again. HUGS TO YOU!
  • Freaky3kirsty
    Freaky3kirsty Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi, you really just need to start fresh and not punish yourself for what you have eaten over the last few days.

Everybody, me included, goes off the rails on occasion, I have been the off the diet for the last three weeks and feel like utter rubbish. You just need to tell yourself I can do this.

Good luck and feel free to add me :)
  • ImOver9000
    ImOver9000 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think your boyfriend is too easy going/nice
  • cherrym03
    cherrym03 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling, believe me. Last week was horrible for me too, crappy eating for 3-4 days straight. I sometimes have breakdowns because of my depression and eat until I feel I'm going to be sick. I thought everything was lost, my effort went down the drain and I should just accept the fact that I'll never be quite how I want to be.
    I think I need days like that in order to vent out my frustration and anger. I can't stay motivated for very long and I swear that will be the end of me.

But it's not all lost. Try to find some nice motivation. For me, it's seeing my mom around the house. She's lost almost 40lbs since having my baby brother. It was slow-paced but I can definitely see amazing results in her now.

Just don't give up. Go out for a walk when you feel like eating something. Distract yourself from temptations. For example, I wrote inspirational quotes on post-its and placed them all around my room.

I know how miserable you feel after eating unhealthy. After last week, like I said, I was sure I gained it all back and that my effort was in vain. But actually I was only 2lbs over last week's weight. So I said to myself "I'll lower that number once again!"

Find that something that motivates you and cling to it for as much as you can, be it a role model, an old pair of jeans that don't fit right now, anything. And never forget you're not alone in this. We can all do this, we just have to believe in it :]
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Pick yourself up and brush yesterday off. No point in dwelling on what you did yesterday. Tell yourself not today and GO!

28cfwur.jpg
  • kdub67
    kdub67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Don't worry...we all do it at some time or other! First off, stop thinking of this as a "diet." I had to get over that hurdle myself. It's your life and yours to chose how you live it. I am like you and temptation and willpower are big struggles with me. You have to go into it that after a binge you hit reset and start over. New day, new goals. Don't get bogged down in the frustration. Drink lots of water...it really helps to feel full. Bring your own snacks to the movies next time...I never leave my house without some kind of healthy (or at least low cal) snack that I have already logged into my food journal, so I've already budgeted for those calories (kinda backfired on me yesterday when I left a bag of Skinny Cow chocolates in my car and they all melted, but hey, live and learn, haha!).

Stay strong and YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Go back to your profile and read it. Remember why you're doing this. It's a lot of hard work but it's worth it! I still have a ways to go but I feel so much better! My feet and knees don't hurt after a day at work anymore. Make yourself mini goals. Maybe today it's no diet pop! You can do this!
  • lisamlc
    lisamlc Posts: 61
    Options
    Draw a line under it and start again. In reality you can't undo 7 weeks of good work with one day of bad. How much have you lost? In order to gain a lb you need to eat 3,500 calories more than you use - that's a lot - even with all you listed I am guessing you can't be much more than that over - so worse case scenario is you have gained 1-2 lbs. And I would be surpised if you have. You probably wont be hungry much today and will therefore eat a lot less anyway.

You need to visualise what you want and then set yourself small, achievable goals (walk 1 mile, fit into a top that is too tight, etc etc). If I can do this, YOU CAN TOO :)
  • Culley34
    Culley34 Posts: 224
    Options
    I notice that once I have a refined sugar (usually in the form of candy) -- I get cravings for the next 72 hours. After those 72 hours, they're basically non-existent, aside from an urge here or there. Just focus on getting through the next couple of days and things will correct themselves.