Life after Insanity

I am due to finish Insanity after 20 days... any suggestions for what next afterwards...

I have loved it so far and am totally addicted to month 2 workouts... Can I just do 4 weeks of month 2 workouts and then rest and repeat because they are my favourite (even though I never seem to feel like that when I'm actually doing them).

Or should I start again?

Or something else?

Any advice gladly received.

Replies

• ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    Bump for later
  • shgreenw
    shgreenw Posts: 194 Member
    Tomorrow is my last day of Month 2 and I'm going to start right over again. I'm also hoping to mix in some running and Ripped in 30.
  • Rinkermann
    Rinkermann Posts: 108 Member
    I'm thinking of repeating it, but this time with a weighted vest.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    My first advise: State your goal\s
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    My first advise: State your goal\s
    ^ This.

I finished Insanity a while ago and struggled with the same question, so I tried some P90X and Les Mills Pump… only leading me to unwanted further weight loss. Since then I've begun basic strength training and eating more, which seems to have the desired outcome!
  • shgreenw
    Her goals are pretty clear on her profile - she wants to lose pregnancy weight.
  • Determinednoob

Forgive me for not profile creepin every poster
  • shgreenw

I wouldn't call it "profile creepin" for checking someone's profile before posting an answer. If I'm going to take the time to post a meaningful response, I'm probably going to take the 30 seconds to check their profile first. If you're just going to post 6 words that take 10 seconds to type out, why reply?
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    P90X, ChaLEAN Extreme, TurboFire?
  • metimemum
    metimemum Posts: 27 Member
    Thanks for your responses... If I get rid of enough flab then it will be a case of keeping my shape and keeping my fitness up to a certain level. Could repeat Insanity with my husband and just eat enough to keep the same weight and build muscle.
  • P90XBowler
    P90XBowler Posts: 152 Member
    P90X/Insanity hybrid? I'm doing my second one and they're fun. You could message me if you'd like help building a hybrid.
  • momar74
    momar74 Posts: 56 Member
    I started round 2 of insanity, 2 weeks after finishing round 1. I liked the structure and familiarity. My body was going through withdrawal, craving for the work-outs.

I thought I would breeze through month 1, BOY WAS I WRONG, it was tough. Started month 2 yesterday and I was in tears by the end.

After this round, I will take a break, I think my body specifically knees need some recovery.
  • FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    i finished a few weeks ago. i am currently doing the max workouts mon, tues, wed, fri...running thur and sat...rest day sunday. making my own little schedule. :) i like it so far. doing max circuit twice a week, plyo and max cardio each once.
  • Determinednoob

I wouldn't call it "profile creepin" for checking someone's profile before posting an answer. If I'm going to take the time to post a meaningful response, I'm probably going to take the 30 seconds to check their profile first. If you're just going to post 6 words that take 10 seconds to type out, why reply?

If you are gonna take the time to type out a post asking for advice, why not make your goals clear? Just sayin'

You can feel free to creep my profile and look at all of my forum posts to determine how helpful I am or am not. Here is one you can start with http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/686963-large-collection-of-info-for-beginners
  • metimemum
    metimemum Posts: 27 Member
    Thanks for all of your replies all... I like Insanity because it doesn't need any gym equipment, so is extremely portable. I think that I will rest for a week and start Insanity again and I'll presuade my husband to do it with me...

I am on week 7 now, so only 18 days to go... I have lost a few inches off my waist but flab is still there and no six pack to be seen. Although I do find I definitely feel my abs when I mash potatoes or laugh!!!

Any advice -- shall I just do cardio abs every day and hope for the best?

So I guess my ultimate goal is to lose this pregnancy flab. I thought of hip hop abs but not sure if anything compares to Insanity, which I am totally addicted to. Also my knees are feeling the strain from Insanity so not sure if hip hop abs would be better for them.

Determinednoo - I'll creep your profile shortly...
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Don't waste your time with Hip Hop Abs... In fact, don't waste your time with Shaun T's ab routines. A great ab video that you could do a couple times a week is Ab Ripper X from P90X. Trust me, you'll feel it! And it's only like 15 minutes.

I'm looking forward to restarting Insanity... probably next year some time. I did it through the summer, and loved it! Currently I'm just revisiting 30Day Shred until I can figure out something else (possible Chalean extreme), because the 28 minute workouts are much more do-able in the amount of time i have.