Working and exercising!

Options
Hay, I have recently started work as a carer and i am walking around a lot but i know this is exercise but I’m unable to do any other exercise throughout the day
Does anyone has any tips or has been in the same situation i would appreciate your opinions and ideas on how to get more exercise in throughout the day!

Replies

• lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    how many hours to you work? My typical day is around 10 hours so I just get up earlier in the morning and go to the gym before work or 3 times a week I go after work for an hour and sacrifice tv or the other stuff I would normally be doing, its the only way I fit a workout in but as a compromise I always give myself the weekend off to get the house sorted.
  • genefabes
    genefabes Posts: 132
    Options
    how many hours to you work? My typical day is around 10 hours so I just get up earlier in the morning and go to the gym before work or 3 times a week I go after work for an hour and sacrifice tv or the other stuff I would normally be doing, its the only way I fit a workout in but as a compromise I always give myself the weekend off to get the house sorted.

exactly. I'm a hairstylist and work on my feet all day non stop. I'm in bed by 10, up by 5am to work out. I make time.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I do mybarre3 10 minute workouts before and after work, and the standing ones sometimes on my lunch hours.
    (www.barre3.com). You can follow them online or get a dvd and down load it. I have an iPad I follow it on. I have hand weights I use at home.

I am a big fan of all the Wii activiites as well.

I also will divide my lunch hour by walking for 20 minutes, eating for 20 minutes, walking back to the office for 20 minutes...

I park in the farthest away corner in the parking garage to add steps.

I go to the bathroom farthest from my desk on the floor where I am working.

I do where a nike fuel band (my husband loves his fitbit, btw) to make sure I get enough activity every day. I had more walking at night or a longer barre 3 or wii fit session if I haven't made it.

I use to jump rope a lot as well, especially when I traveled for business early in my career. I am a big scare baby about running in places I don't know well.

Hope this helps, I know when you are first starting out there are a zillion things your paycheck goes for - your time is valuable as well!
  • not_virified
    Options
    i cant really go to the gym as i get up at 6 start my work at 6.30 which involves walking to different peoples houses and get about half an hour gaps inbetween and this would not be enough time to get to the gym and back to work as i do not have a car