Need help- Snowpacolpyse has derailed me

Options
So I am one of those people who was pretty much housebound last week due to the crazy storms here on the East Coast. I actually didn't do too badly foodwise and the hours upon hours of shoveling constituted my exercise. Here is where I am having trouble: It's Monday and I am finally back into work and back into my routine. I am finding it terribly depressing and am actually waxing poetic about last week when my routine was derailed but I enjoyed myself more.

I am hoping that this depression is short-term, and even though I currently feel no motivation, I am working MFP as I should. I am basically just reaching out for some "You can do it's!" and "I know, it sucks!". Just some support to get me over the hump of my life. :blushing:

Replies

• m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Absolutely you can get back in your routine. This whole winter has me off mine. I'm so ready for spring. Can't wait to be able to run outside again. I know it will get here. Just hang in there and do the best you can until then.!
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's time to shake up your 'normal' routine then? Are there some little changes that you could make?
  • chicka200413
    Options
    I too live in MD and am just returning to work. I feel horrible and lazy. Probably a depressed state too. However I did horribly last week with eating and no working out what so ever, The scale this morning was not good to me. Plus our schools are still closed and therefore all my aerobics classes are cancelled and getting outside is still not safe due to all the ice and snow covered side walks!

We both need to get back in our routine! Winter doesn't help.... I can't wait for sun and flowers! I want to get outside! Hang in there!!!! Your not alone!
  • sssrip
    sssrip Posts: 72
    Options
    It's Monday and I am finally back into work and back into my routine.

If it helps any it is really Tuesday so we are one day closer to the weekend.
  • moujie
    moujie Posts: 229
    Options
    Hello fellow survivors of the pandasnowdium.

I'm in MD too. I did NOT do well these past several days. I started out great - between shoveling, shoveling, shoveling and the wii I stayed pretty active for a few days. but then I was sore from all of the shoveling and I was able to get out and restock the shelves between storms and so I had loads of food to stuff myself with. So today I'm 2lbs up. fantastic. I'm chalking it up to all the salty stuff I've eaten in the last two days. either way I need to get back to some normalcy. I'm thinking of giving up alcohol and sweets for lent. I'm a bad catholic and I never give up anything for Lent but this time I think I need the kick in the tush.
  • malibootie
    malibootie Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    It's Monday and I am finally back into work and back into my routine.

If it helps any it is really Tuesday so we are one day closer to the weekend.

HA!! That just goes to show you how out of it I am!!! Thank god it's Tuesday!