Almost a year (325 days to be exact) and time

Options
Hello everyone... I've been on this journey for almost a year and thought it was time I was finally brave enough to post my progress pics. I started with basic cardio in Nov '11 and moved to doing some machine weights in Dec. I finally decided to hit the weights hard in March and that is when things really started to move. It has still been a long road, much more difficult than my younger days, but I feel so much better about how things have turned out this time. I'm in the best shape of my life and because I took it slow and steady I truly feel like this is the last time I have to go through this. I really enjoy working out and actually look forward to it. I'm even running now and my times have been decreasing (big bonus).

Here are my pics. I'm 5'3", the first pic is around 157, and I'm 42 years old

P90xTamara2009-11-29-02.jpg

Second pic is from today and I'm currently at 117 (second pic is a bit grainy, sorry)

After2012-10-021_zps03e42f40.jpg

Replies

• Kotuliak
    Kotuliak Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, looking good!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    OH YAYYYY!!! Well done!! Love the pics. You should be very proud of yourself... you're amazing!
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, been a long road and so happy to finally be at goal!!! Now just to maintain. :)
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • ConnieM20
    ConnieM20 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    you look fabulous!! great job :happy:
  • Wen37
    Wen37 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    You look great! You inspire me to keep at it.
  • buffcleb
    buffcleb Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    you look great... but did your tatoo change sides :)
  • ThresaGlass
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing and I bet you feel even better! I have been yo-yoing on here for 2 years and this year I decided I have had enough! I am in it full circle! I have lost 7 lbs so far, but the scale is a tricky thing sometimes! Most of the time I feel the difference in measurements!

Anyway any tips would be appreciated and again WAY TO GO!!!!! You do look amazing!
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 5'3 and 42 and you've just given me a huge shot of inspiration - really, really well done :)
  • ddhomefinder
    ddhomefinder Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look great! I will be 42 in December. Thanks for sharing. So INSPIRATIONAL!!!
    :wink:
  • Racleeyou
    Racleeyou Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Options

Haha...Does kinda look that way. That's what I get for taking my own after pic.
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing and I bet you feel even better! I have been yo-yoing on here for 2 years and this year I decided I have had enough! I am in it full circle! I have lost 7 lbs so far, but the scale is a tricky thing sometimes! Most of the time I feel the difference in measurements!

Anyway any tips would be appreciated and again WAY TO GO!!!!! You do look amazing!

Just keep at it, if you fall off get right back on the horse. Introduce some heavy lifting, it made a world of difference for me. :) Again, it was not a speedy process, it's taken close to a year to finally get here and for only 40 lbs. :) I have managed to drop from 34% BF to 20% though, so the actual lbs lost was offset by some muscle gain. Just keep at it, eat enough to fuel your body and lift some heavy weights (running has helped as well, especially with those last few lbs). :)
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Options
    You look great! I will be 42 in December. Thanks for sharing. So INSPIRATIONAL!!!
    :wink:

Thank you... hitting 40 definitely seemed to introduce some new dynamics. It was never this difficult in my younger years. LOL
  • hilarysgiants
    hilarysgiants Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! We are the same height and hoping my body will look similar to yours! Did you follow a heavy lifting program? I just purchased the new rules of lifting for women and hoping that helps get my body to start changing! Great job!
  • buffcleb
    buffcleb Posts: 150 Member
    Options

kinda figured :)

I am pretty sure that people are now decorating their bathrooms so they look nice in their self-portraits... but I can't prove it... yet...
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Options
    You look amazing! We are the same height and hoping my body will look similar to yours! Did you follow a heavy lifting program? I just purchased the new rules of lifting for women and hoping that helps get my body to start changing! Great job!

I started with NROL and finished the entire six months, it was so worth it. I'm now doing the Stronglifts program with some other things thrown in (believe it or not just don't feel stronglifts on its own is enough, how weird). :)
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Options

kinda figured :)

I am pretty sure that people are now decorating their bathrooms so they look nice in their self-portraits... but I can't prove it... yet...

No bathroom cleaning for me, just tried to crop most of it out. LOL Still trying to figure out how to get my own back, but I look like a dog chasing her tail.
  • Tazzymk
    Tazzymk Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Well done you. I have you say you don't look your age, much much younger. I'm the same height as you and would love your body shape. I'm looking into introducing weights to my life :wink: thank you for giving me another good reason to do so.:flowerforyou:
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    DAMN! Looking GREAT!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!