Loosing Weight - The Side Effects!

Options
So over the last 7ish months, ive lost 2 stone and really pleased with my progress BUT does anyone else find they have annoying side effects now they don't have as much fat on them?

The main thing ive found is how boney I am! My wrists are tiny, my ribs make it uncomfortable to sleep and I'm always accidentally hitting my hip bones!

I don't mean to sound ungrateful as Ive worked hard for how I look.. but these are things I didn't expect to happen!

Replies

• RumRum85
    RumRum85 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    The world become colder! I mean, you need a jacket or some extra clothes for temperatures that time ago would be ok for just a t-shirt (for largest weigh lose).

Maybe lifting may help with the boney side, creating some new muscule, maybe somebody that goes to the gym may give some tips on this.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Am cold all the time! Also, my hands have become super tiny and really vein-y. Wish I could gain a bit of weight on there and nowhere else! The only other place I have to complain about is that now my collarbones stick out -- kind of gross when I accidentally touch them.
  • susyw_2003
    Options
    Yeah my collarbones stick out too and seeing the bones in my chest is a bit weird.

I didn't expect my wrists to shrink.. my watch can now twist all the way round haha!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you lost too much weight?
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    It is an adjustment period. When I was heavier, I could sit anywhere.... on the floor for example....but now not so comfortable due to less padding.... Like others here....used to be very warm all the time....and now I find myself colder....

Bright side....I can go my favorite stores and the clothes actually fit.... more energetic....etc....

You'll get used to it.
  • jackie2866
    jackie2866 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yeah my collarbones stick out too and seeing the bones in my chest is a bit weird.

I didn't expect my wrists to shrink.. my watch can now twist all the way round haha!

Sounds like you lost a little too much weight, no?
  • Sarge516
    Sarge516 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Annoying side effect for me was that I gave away about $1000 (or more) worth of clothes, and had to replace them. It's getting costly! :)

I did manage to save the nice ones for a couple friends of mine who can wear them, but it was bitter sweet to see all that $$ going in a garbage bag to be given away. The no so nice stuff was donated to charity.

On Edit:
    Being from Canada, I agree with the cold comment. I was never cold before - or at least it was very rare. Now I find I'm chilly a lot more often. Makes my wifey happy though, she is always cold, so now we agree on a heat setting....
  • Jenny111372
    Jenny111372 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm cold a lot of the time now whereas before I would be fine. I used to have a full round (fat) face..which I hated but now that I've lost 45 pounds or so, I have 3 "lines" under my chin that look like wrinkles/ripples that I HATE! My wedding rings used to get so tight I'd have to take them off out of fear getting them stuck and having to have them cut off, now they are so lose they turn all the time and that just bugs me..lol. I notice before I hated sleeping with anything but underwear on, now I have to have at least a shirt and sometimes pj pants on. One more that bugs me..when I was bigger, size 13/14 pants, I could find pants pretty much everywhere..now that I need a size 5 (short nonetheless) it's so hard to find them anywhere! BUT, all that said, I wouldn't trade going back for anything!! I love the fact that I can look in the mirror and at least feel happy if not ok about myself! I enjoy shopping again and it's something my daughter and I can do together. I have more energy to keep up with my 2 kids, 11 and 15. So I guess for all the "negatives" I can think of way more positives! :) Congrats on everyone for their hard work!
  • SlimsLiftingMoreThanLipstick
    Options
    Sadly the worse one for me was I lost pretty much all of "the girls" LOL
  • alduro
    alduro Posts: 5
    Options
    I find that I get colder than I used to for sure. Also I've noticed that I am very tired by around 2pm each day which I think has to do with negative calories. I work out which gives me a quick boost but then by 6 or 7pm I am just done.

Other side effects? I sleep better, feel better and no longer have sleep apnea (however that is spelled). I also recover from colds and sinus infections much quicker and get sick less often. Oh and the cost of maintaining a wardrobe has gone WAY up since I have to buy all new clothes every couple of months.
  • Mrsjay27
    Options
    Well I'm trying to get there again but I can remember seeing more of what was really under the fat and realizing how much muscle my body didn't have naturally...I walked different and was certainly lighter on my feet...In my opinion now is a good time for you to start lifting some weights and eating more protein to add some nice shapely muscle..Congrats on losing
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    For a while after I'd lost a lot I found it really uncomfortable sitting down, especially on harder chairs, it's kinda like the end of my spine was too long and got in the way?! I've got used to it now - thank god!!

I'm now wearing my wedding rings on my middle finger as they fall of - once I'm at my goal I'll have them re-sized.

I do get cold a lot easier, still not used to that :-(

I've always had tiny wrists but they're just under 5.25" at the moment, hoping they won't shrink too much more lol!!
  • susyw_2003
    Options
    Sadly the worse one for me was I lost pretty much all of "the girls" LOL

yes! this is one of the worse side effects for women i think and i have certainly lost most of mine!

I understand how this feed seems like ive lost a lot of weight and I do a combo of weights and cardio so im toned on the arms, legs etc but still trying to get rid of that annoying belly fat at the mo, hate that its the last to go

and i also agree with the whole clothes situation, its great to have to buy new clothes but its so expensive!