*WARNING TO ALL ANIMAL OWNERS IN THE EDMONTON ALBERTA AREA*

Options
*WARNING TO ALL ANIMAL OWNERS*
Please be cautious of a blue dodge durango in the edmonton alberta area!
This evening at approximately 5:45 I let my great dane puppy outside on his rope. About 5 minutes later at 5:50 I heard my puppy barking and growling so I went in investigate the commotion. Upon getting to my door I noticed 2 males one hispanic and unfortunately didnt get a good look at the other guy. The hispanic male was unhooking and trying to lift my puppy over the fence to the other guy. When I opened the door to stop them they dropped my puppy and the hispanic jumped the fence and began running up the sidewalk and across the street to there durango. I was unable to get the plate number so please be cautious.
*PASS THIS ALONG TO ALL. LETS PROTECT OUR FUR BABIES*

Replies

• Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    How horrible! I'm afraid to leave my boston terrier outside by himself for this reason. I won't even leave him tied up outside the corner store because I'm afraid someone will steal him.
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Geez, when my dog was a puppy I worried about hawks and coyotes.

I'm glad you were able to catch the act before you lost your puppy!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    its too bad your dog did not chew them apart.
  • animallover1989
    Options
    Im pretty sure he got a few good bites in there he is a 4 month old great dane puppy thats got half of his adult teeth coming in. He bites and chews EVERYTHING! He was wiggling and growling pretty good!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    What the F. What did the police say?
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    wtf.gif
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Sounds like dog fighting related stuff. That crap was happening in my neck of the woods.
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    sounds like puppy stealing and reselling for money to me.... it's done a lot more than we realize.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    How scary! That's pretty awesome that your 4 month old puppy was able to react that way to alert you. 4 months old is too young for many to act like that. I'm so glad your pup is safe. I'd be heartbroken if I ever lost one of my dogs.
  • CinJay
    CinJay Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    that's awful!! I hope they get caught or someone's dog takes a bit out of their butts!!
  • animallover1989
    Options
    What the F. What did the police say?

Police out here never do anything without hard evidence. They tend to be pretty useless.
  • animallover1989
    Options
    How scary! That's pretty awesome that your 4 month old puppy was able to react that way to alert you. 4 months old is too young for many to act like that. I'm so glad your pup is safe. I'd be heartbroken if I ever lost one of my dogs.

For 4 months he is a great "alert" dog.
    He is super smart!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    another reason not to let your animals out on their own~
  • animallover1989
    Options
    Sounds like dog fighting related stuff. That crap was happening in my neck of the woods.

That very well could be. However he would never survive becaue he is such a big chicken and couldnt hurt a fly.
  • loveachallenge
    loveachallenge Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    *WARNING TO ALL ANIMAL OWNERS*
    Please be cautious of a blue dodge durango in the edmonton alberta area!
    This evening at approximately 5:45 I let my great dane puppy outside on his rope. About 5 minutes later at 5:50 I heard my puppy barking and growling so I went in investigate the commotion. Upon getting to my door I noticed 2 males one hispanic and unfortunately didnt get a good look at the other guy. The hispanic male was unhooking and trying to lift my puppy over the fence to the other guy. When I opened the door to stop them they dropped my puppy and the hispanic jumped the fence and began running up the sidewalk and across the street to there durango. I was unable to get the plate number so please be cautious.
    *PASS THIS ALONG TO ALL. LETS PROTECT OUR FUR BABIES*

Wow! That is messed up! Luckily they didn't take the dog. Great Danes are scarce! I'm sure they wanted to make $$. Lets see if in a few months anyone will try and take it then lol!
  • animallover1989
    Options
    sounds like puppy stealing and reselling for money to me.... it's done a lot more than we realize.

There is so muc of this in my city.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options

That very well could be. However he would never survive becaue he is such a big chicken and couldnt hurt a fly.

That's what they like for bait dogs.
  • animallover1989
    Options
    Wow! That is messed up! Luckily they didn't take the dog. Great Danes are scarce! I'm sure they wanted to make $$. Lets see if in a few months anyone will try and take it then lol!

Hes pretty huge now. At 4 mths he weighs just shy of 50 pounds. Lol.
  • animallover1989
    Options
    another reason not to let your animals out on their own~

I wish it was that easy. Its been a fight to keep him inside. He loves outside. I would have to be outside almost 24 hrs a day. Ive always let my dogs out and walked away and done other stuff. That being said this is my first large breed dog all my other dogs have weighed less than 15 pounds
  • margoanton
    margoanton Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warning. I also live in Edmonton and would hate to have my girl stolen. She's not a puppy anymore, but if they were stealing based on cute, she'd be a goner.