Feeling like a loser

Options
I normally run 2 miles but today I had to stop in between. Why do I feel like I am backsliding with my results??

Replies

• kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just your body telling you to rest? Don't worry about one bad run...just try again tomorrow:)
  • Devona14
    Devona14 Posts: 171
    Options
    Don't feel like a loser. At least you're out there moving! Be proud of yourself for putting forth the effort. Any little bit is better than none. More experienced runners have told me that sometimes you just have an off day. The key is to get back out there and run. You can do it!
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Some days are better than others, quit whining and get back out there.
  • musicmint
    musicmint Posts: 469
    Options

hahaha thanks
  • RunnerCesc
    Options
    I run a fair bit and honestly, some days just don't go well. It might be worth thinking about whether you did anything differently before this run (eg big meal the night before, ran a different time of day etc) or if anything external was different (weather/wind and so on) but as often as not I've found there's no reason you can put your finger on. I know experienced marathoners that still have their share of random rubbish days! Stick at it and the good runs wil outnumber the bad ones. A run that doesn't go to plan is still a run - definitely a step forward rather than backwards!
  • awolf2011
    awolf2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I just started running about a month ago, but not a continuous run. I run for a few minutes and then briskly walk. The way I look at it is that I have never in my life wanted to run and now I am doing it. You are not a loser because you are out there trying. Those who are losers are those to don't try and piss and moan because they are overweight and tired. Do want you can do and that is all that matters. Build up the energy and get moving!!
  • musicmint
    Options
    I just started running about a month ago, but not a continuous run. I run for a few minutes and then briskly walk. The way I look at it is that I have never in my life wanted to run and now I am doing it. You are not a loser because you are out there trying. Those who are losers are those to don't try and piss and moan because they are overweight and tired. Do want you can do and that is all that matters. Build up the energy and get moving!!

thanks for your encouraging words!
  • musicmint
    Options
    I run a fair bit and honestly, some days just don't go well. It might be worth thinking about whether you did anything differently before this run (eg big meal the night before, ran a different time of day etc) or if anything external was different (weather/wind and so on) but as often as not I've found there's no reason you can put your finger on. I know experienced marathoners that still have their share of random rubbish days! Stick at it and the good runs wil outnumber the bad ones. A run that doesn't go to plan is still a run - definitely a step forward rather than backwards!

I agree it is a step forward...
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I run almost daily - some days I could go and go and go. My legs feel good, my lungs are getting full oxygen, my endurance is up and I run. Other days I barely make it down the street when I'm already giving myself a pep talk.

Some days our bodies have the right amount of rest and fuel to give us a good run. OTher days not so much. Its one day - dont feel like a loser - just get back out there!!
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    ^^^this! not all runs are great or even good. chalk it up to a bad run and get it tomorrow!
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I run almost daily - some days I could go and go and go. My legs feel good, my lungs are getting full oxygen, my endurance is up and I run. Other days I barely make it down the street when I'm already giving myself a pep talk.

Some days our bodies have the right amount of rest and fuel to give us a good run. OTher days not so much. Its one day - dont feel like a loser - just get back out there!!
    ^^^well said my dear friend!
  • thr33martins
    thr33martins Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I find that with working out, the smallest things can seem to make a difference in how strong I feel. Usually I eat protein in the morning, but today I was in a rush and ate a banana....my legs were like rubber halfway through my class. Poor sleep, not enough to eat for dinner the night before, too much at dinner the night before, PMS (this KILLS my energy - I feel like my limbs weigh double the few days before my cycle starts). We all have bad days and good days....the important thing is that you are DOING IT!!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    cause your body is different every day.
  • alirezamrd
    alirezamrd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Let me tell you a story to know who is real loser. In 2010, I was more than 125 kg now i am 85 kg i cannot lose anymore because i had to work but two days ago a girl called me fat. And i am sure it is my ultimate weight and i will be considered for the rest of my life